8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from an entire day at my local Honda dealership. I had the chance to speak with the General Sales Manager and he gave me a bit of information that was very informative; information that should answer a lot of questions. Since my questions dealt with my deposit for a new Si, that’s what they are based on:

1 - My local dealership found out today that they are receiving 4 Si’s: 1 allocated and 3 to special order. Allocated means that they have no control over what they will be sent. Special orders are just that…special orders.
2 - For special orders, the dealer can pick color, navi or no-navi, and all-season or summer tire. So you CAN get the right color/navi/tire combination that you prefer.
3 - All other options such as HPP and other accessories are sold right there at the dealership. So for example, if you see pin-striping on your Si, beat the dealer down until he removes that crap.
4 - The allocated Si’s does not have a general ship date. It could come in December or not. The special orders will come in mid-January, guaranteed.

The thing to remember is that in order to get your specific color/navi/tire combo, the dealer has to be informed of your decision before the order is placed. Otherwise they just receive what Honda sends them. So I suggest all you wanna-be owners call your dealer now before orders are placed.

From what I’ve been reading, it seems the majority of dealerships are getting there Si’s in January. A lucky few will get theirs in December.

I’m not going to mention prices because everyone already knows what Honda is rumored to sell it at…that’s the same price the General Manager was told too. And until Honda makes it official, there’s no need to stir the pot.

I also read the dealer sales manual (not the brochure) that explains the car in much greater detail. It’s the manual the salesmen use to familiarize themselves with every aspect of the Si. So if anyone has any specific questions, I might be able to answer them.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good insider stuff! :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks for offering help to those in need! That is what this forum is all about!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ugh thats bad news =(

I was plannin on seein my dealer tomm.... ill ask the same things... if anyone wants me to ask any questions post em up and ill get his answers =P He said he would know everything by the 15th.... Even tho tomm isnt the 15th im still gonna ask =P

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah if you wanna go leave a deposit $500 your guaranteed a new Si, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get it on the date that dealer tells you!. They got all they wanted if you leave a deposit. I suggest waiting till they start hittin the ground and call around for the one you want!!

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
All I gotta say is that, some dealers tell you things so that you can make a down payment, or to get you to sign all the papers, but its really not true. Anyways, here in Miami, that stuff goes on, but I went to car show and asked a Rick Case guy, he said the update is that they will get few Hondas in each dealer, on December 1st, but i didnt believe him.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06civicex said:
Yeah if you wanna go leave a deposit $500 your guaranteed a new Si, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will get it on the date that dealer tells you!. They got all they wanted if you leave a deposit. I suggest waiting till they start hittin the ground and call around for the one you want!!
The dealer has very little room to talk when it comes to a deposit. Yes it true, you're more likely to only deal with them when a deposit is made, but it's nowhere near a binding contract that keeps you from looking elsewhere.

I've been keeping in touch with several dealerships, and if one of them gets a Si before the other and still offers me the right deal, I'm going with them.

Regardless who I go with, I can still get my deposit back. If you didn't have that in writing, you only screwed yourself.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ygh i just came back... he told me to come back again in 8 days...... they didnt make any new orders yet

·
Registered
57 Posts
jasonandre said:
I just got back from an entire day at my local Honda dealership. I had the chance to speak with the General Sales Manager and he gave me a bit of information that was very informative; information that should answer a lot of questions. Since my questions dealt with my deposit for a new Si, that’s what they are based on:

1 - My local dealership found out today that they are receiving 4 Si’s: 1 allocated and 3 to special order. Allocated means that they have no control over what they will be sent. Special orders are just that…special orders.
2 - For special orders, the dealer can pick color, navi or no-navi, and all-season or summer tire. So you CAN get the right color/navi/tire combination that you prefer.
3 - All other options such as HPP and other accessories are sold right there at the dealership. So for example, if you see pin-striping on your Si, beat the dealer down until he removes that crap.
4 - The allocated Si’s does not have a general ship date. It could come in December or not. The special orders will come in mid-January, guaranteed.

The thing to remember is that in order to get your specific color/navi/tire combo, the dealer has to be informed of your decision before the order is placed. Otherwise they just receive what Honda sends them. So I suggest all you wanna-be owners call your dealer now before orders are placed.

From what I’ve been reading, it seems the majority of dealerships are getting there Si’s in January. A lucky few will get theirs in December.

I’m not going to mention prices because everyone already knows what Honda is rumored to sell it at…that’s the same price the General Manager was told too. And until Honda makes it official, there’s no need to stir the pot.

I also read the dealer sales manual (not the brochure) that explains the car in much greater detail. It’s the manual the salesmen use to familiarize themselves with every aspect of the Si. So if anyone has any specific questions, I might be able to answer them.

Hope this helps!
hey wat dealer did you go 2???? im also in va, i made my deposit of $700 like 2 months ago. but you dealer seens to know more than mine, my dealer just told me that ones they get info they will call me to confirm wat i want on it.
i did my deposit at landmark Honda. wat about you?

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
youngxlos said:
hey wat dealer did you go 2???? im also in va, i made my deposit of $700 like 2 months ago. but you dealer seens to know more than mine, my dealer just told me that ones they get info they will call me to confirm wat i want on it.
i did my deposit at landmark Honda. wat about you?
I went to Ourisman Honda in Bethesda. I avoided Landmark for that reason...they couldn't give me any firm information at all. Even when Ourisman already had several new Civics in September, Landmark had no idea when they would get their first shipment. I find that odd since they are one of the biggest dealerships in the tri-state area.

Let me know what you hear from them, if anything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There may be a brawl at a dealship near you. Really though I think there may be more pissed of customers when the dealerships are not able to come through with the deal as soon as they come out. One honda dealership I was dealing with and left a deposit at sold the car I had ordered, to someone else. Then I was told it would be another month if wanted that same car.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
06civicex said:
There may be a brawl at a dealship near you. Really though I think there may be more pissed of customers when the dealerships are not able to come through with the deal as soon as they come out. One honda dealership I was dealing with and left a deposit at sold the car I had ordered, to someone else. Then I was told it would be another month if wanted that same car.
man i would be so pissed if some1 bought my car! i dunno what i would do.. lol ill throw 1 of those annoying hissy fits that my little nephew throws when hes pissed. lol i think that would show them! hahah

·
Registered
57 Posts
jasonandre said:
I went to Ourisman Honda in Bethesda. I avoided Landmark for that reason...they couldn't give me any firm information at all. Even when Ourisman already had several new Civics in September, Landmark had no idea when they would get their first shipment. I find that odd since they are one of the biggest dealerships in the tri-state area.

Let me know what you hear from them, if anything.
ill call my sales man tomorow, do you know how many other people have placed an order besides you???? cuz if your like the first one then ill go with your dealer as well. **** at least they know there ****.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I had the same thing happen - sort of.

(This was not a honda dealer -but still) I got a call from the dealership- they had a manual coming in that I had been waiting on for 4 months. I had not driven this car before, and I didn't want to put a 500 dollar deposit down to hold it for 4 months. I just didn't want to do it without driving the car. He calls me at 5pm and tell me to come down in the morning - the car will be there at 10am off the truck.

Sooooo I get a call at like 9:30am from the same guy. "Oh.... yah, I've got some bad news for ya. The car actually sold last night - sight unseen". I had waited 4 months on this car, and they sold it the night before it arrived at the dealer because I didn't want to be out of 500 bucks for 4 months. Needless to say I went down to the dealer to see if the car was really there, and it was. It was sitting in the sold area with all the tags removed etc.

dealers suck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well i dont blame the dealer for selling the car. there was no money down in your part, so y would they pass on a deal, and lose money right there and then???? i would understand if you had put down a $500 deposit, and they sold the car you had put money down on. but the car was there for anyone not you. cuz there was never a deposit made. thats y i made sure i made my deposit 2 months ago.

im not on the dealers side, but i am a sales associate, and we get paid comition, if we dont sell we dont get paid. so lets say you would of came down the next day and changed your mind and didnt buy the car??? he would of lost money big time, us sales associates take wat ever chance we have to make our money.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
youngxlos said:
ill call my sales man tomorow, do you know how many other people have placed an order besides you???? cuz if your like the first one then ill go with your dealer as well. **** at least they know there ****.
I would think that dealerships would not want to piss off their main source of income...the customer. Having it sold to someone else would seriously put a bad taste in their mouth, including mine. And if it were to happen to me, I wouldn't blame the guy that bought it, I'd blame the dealership and never buy from them again.

Youngxlos, I'm the first of four on the waiting list at Ourisman Bethesda. Since they're only getting four cars at first, chances are they will all be bought by those already in line. But there is still Sheeny Honda and Ourisman Honda in Laurel that you can contact as well. I'm sticking with mine simply because I'm already first on the list and because I have a business relationship with them that goes back several years.

·
Registered
141 Posts
youngxlos said:
well i dont blame the dealer for selling the car. there was no money down in your part, so y would they pass on a deal, and lose money right there and then???? i would understand if you had put down a $500 deposit, and they sold the car you had put money down on. but the car was there for anyone not you. cuz there was never a deposit made. thats y i made sure i made my deposit 2 months ago.
im not on the dealers side, but i am a sales associate, and we get paid comition, if we dont sell we dont get paid. so lets say you would of came down the next day and changed your mind and didnt buy the car??? he would of lost money big time, us sales associates take wat ever chance we have to make our money.
well, I did leave a deposit and the dealer still sold the car I had ordered to somone else, I still don't know if someone that works at the dealership bought it or they sold it to another customer for more $ than they quoted me, and your right I will never deal with that POS dealship ever again, not even f parts or anything!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yeah, so I went to the dealership that hadnt taken deposits down a month ago today to put the deposit they told me to this month... I was asking to put a deposit since August... yeah so other people were allowed to put deposits down before me.... Im really pissed, and I let them know that I was angry, and I seriously was told that they would arrive til January anyway, not December. Its really hard to want to shop at that dealership... Koons Manassas is where I went to and was fed bullshit....

Anyway... I might but an RSX, I dont think I want to wait three more months for nothing and still havent let me put a deposit down for anything afterwords.... I am extremely disappointed in them.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
BlackSIguy said:
Yeah, so I went to the dealership that hadnt taken deposits down a month ago today to put the deposit they told me to this month... I was asking to put a deposit since August... yeah so other people were allowed to put deposits down before me.... Im really pissed, and I let them know that I was angry, and I seriously was told that they would arrive til January anyway, not December. Its really hard to want to shop at that dealership... Koons Manassas is where I went to and was fed bullshit....

Anyway... I might but an RSX, I dont think I want to wait three more months for nothing and still havent let me put a deposit down for anything afterwords.... I am extremely disappointed in them.....
Well it may be a good thing you didn't leave a deposit . If you go back to the same dealer when they actually do get the Si "on the ground", they just may just sell you someone elses Si if you show them the money, that's just how honda's new car dealers like to do bussiness, jerking people around and lieing to them to better themselves and get higher bonuses. It's sad Honda's new car sales people and managers have to lie through their damn teeth.
I would suggest just waiting till the Si comes out "and start hitting the ground" and call around for one that's already sitting a lot somewhere and buy directly, none of that trading, or pre-order BS. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do though.
Did I mention I hate new car sales people now, they piss me off!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts