8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I dont know what is going on with my car but this just started to happen

when im stopped and start to accelerate * manual * I hear a clicking noise comming from my front end, it seems like its both wheels.

and its not a consistant click either, its random from left/right side and happens 2-3 times each and every time I accelerate from a standstill. Its a clicking noise that feels like its caused from the torque required to just start the car moving....once its rolling there is nothing....any ideas?

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
check your motor mounts pop your hood rock your motor by hand if you hear that sound it's one of your mounts. Do you hear the noise when your turning

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Im getting this now too, checked motor mounts.

It only happens from standstills and 1-2 shift.

From stand still I get 3 or 4 really fast clicks in about a second or two.

1-2 shift I get 1 click.

Starting to think it's tranny missing teeth.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the same problem, its a clicking/popping, when the can gets torque. It pisses me off because I have no idea what it can be, I traced it to be around the down pipe where there is a bushing; somewhere around there. If you put your car on hand brake and lightly release the clutch you can hear the click, and then again in reverse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Without more detail or video of what kind of clicking you are talking about it's difficult to help you.
Maybe it could be something wrong with your differentiel.
I've seen it in the past on a SRT4.
Put the front of the car on jack stand and turn your wheel back and forth to see if there are an unsual backlash inside. If you have to turn your wheel by more of a quarter of a turn before the wheel at the opposite side start to move then you could start thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
true hard to pin point but it's def not the diff cuz it will wobble really bad instead, it could be motor mounts which often breaks due to hard shifting depends how you drive your vehicle. I say take it to any mechanic and have them check the front suspension including bushings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like it might be the bearing on top of the front shock absorbers. I used an engine stethoscope from harbor freight and heard the noise coming from the top of the shock tower. I'll let you guys know after I replace them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
After 180k miles on the 08 Si, my car started doing exactly this. Is it really the strut bearings?

EDIT: Sorry for the rez, I ask because it sounds like the strut bearing is a fix for a "clunk". The "clink" sounds more like an aluminum tent pole tapping the ground just two or three times before it stops. This occurs during acceleration and braking at very slow speeds.

Another person referenced the differential. I've had that ping/clink type sound in an older truck and this sounds much lighter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts