8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok took the new Civic for a test drive today... noticed that the Radio says CD/ACC that generally tells me that there is gonna be a connection in the back to hook up a cd changer... and if lucky the XM Direct unit possible using a TERK smart digital adapter... any one know if this is possibe... my 2004 Hundai Elantra GT came equipped with just such a radio... I pluged in the XM and now I am hooked...

Thanks

Later
TiVoNinja

·
Registered
166 Posts
XM and TiVo

:banana-wa HI !
I hope your right that would make for a nice clean install! Right now I'm usind a Roady 2 hooked in through the Aux In jack! It sounds much better than the old set up I had with the FM modulator, waht a load of crap that was ...sounded awful!

P.S I too am a huge fan of tivo I don't think i've seen or could even stand "liveTV" again! Even if I know the show is "live" I still try the FF button...lol! :rotfl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toys

Gotta Love our Toys... XM, TiVo... it's amazing you never see or hear any comercials for the chit they sell. so you have more money for the gizmo's and gadgets that you want...

Later

TiVoNinja

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tried it with my LX, but no luck.

I used a real long chain of parts.

I started with the peripherals Honasx to plug into the cd changer port. Then i plugged the Terk XMDALP100 into the alpine port on the honasx via the alpine KCA-130B adapter, then i connected the xmdalp100 t0 the xmd1000 universal adapter with the antenna on the roof. When i turned on the radio it recognized a "cd changer" was present, but no audio came through, and the only thing displayed on the LED was CDC and i could use the disc change buttons to go through 1-8 but no sound. As of right now i just have an ipod plugged in to one of the aux inputs for the honasx which sounds great, but im still trying to figure out if an EX radio has the potential to control this set-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts