8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my civic fail inspection because the rear frame is rotten. Apparently there is a recall on over 80,000 CRVs for the same thing but nothing for the civic.

The car is immaculate except for this and now I am going to have to scrap it.

My friend is a mechanic at honda and he took pictures to send to honda to see if they will do something for it. Potentially buy it back like they did for the CRV.

I am pretty bummed as the car is in such good shape and I had no plans on buying a new car any time soon.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Very little info to go on here. First of all, sorry for the troubles you are going through. Did you have the car since new? If so, or not, where do you live? During the winter months, did you wash the car/chassis?

I've had my 07 EX sedan since new. She has 270,000 miles now. Chassis is close to impeccable. Then again, I wash the car (auto car wash with chassis rinse) during the winter months. When it is above freezing, I go to the self serve wash and pressure wash the underside. I try to get all the brine and salt off. Again, chassis is in great shape save for some pieces here and there, but nothing to warrant a failed inspection thus scrapping.

Any pictures ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you buy another used car, buy one from the south, or the west coast, where cars don't rust

Regardless of whether you buy new or used, get rustproofing done annually. Krown is the most well-known, but there are others. It's like an oil spray. Avoid thick undercoatings like Ziebart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts