8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to jump start the car, and now it has some electrical issues. The radio does not work at all, no display. The remote lock/unlock does not work. Interior lights are not activated by the doors being open, no matter what position the light switch is in.

So, for my question - I am not familiar enough with the ECM/ECU/PCU to know which one/ones are causing the issues. I would like to pull the faulty item, or items, out of the car and send off for a repair, if possible. Is there any reasonable way to figure out what I need to pull and send?

Thank you!!

dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you make absolute sure that you didn’t accidentally touch red to black or black to red when jumping it? Someone needed me to jump their car one time and he had the wires backwards and it did the same thing to my mom’s jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, yes I did make sure I connected the cables properly. However, that really doesn't matter right now, as I am attempting to deal with this electrical situation that I explained. It appears that this situation has happened a number of times to other people with this car.

I am thinking that the MICU is having some issues, since that seems to be a "common" problem with this model and year. Has anyone heard of someplace that is able to repair the unit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can rent a hound detector from autozone that scans all your fuses and sees if any are bad. You can also do it with a multimeter but the hound scanner is faster.
Im thinking you might’ve sparked something by accident when jumping it, I’ve done that before, and maybe it blew a couple fuses. Worst case it did F up your ECU.
Could be the delay relay that blew since the door lights, radio, and locks don’t work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts