8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new to the forum so hello everyone!!! I am having some issues with a 06 acura csx 2.0l, automatic. There are no codes being thrown. Starting at cold start takes about 5 turns, shifting from park to reverse rpm spikes from 900 to 1500 for a couple seconds making it a rough shift. In drive stopping at a stop sign, idle drops momentarily like it almost wants to stall but does not. Greatly appreciate any insight. Things I've done to try to rectify, plugs, oil change, throttle body clean, new battery, purge vacuum solenoid. And checked pcv valve. I have checked for vacuum leaks to no avail but have not ruled it out as there are a lot of bloddy hoses in this model, lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you have an EGR Valve sitting around the engine bay, try to clean that (And the passages). For the rough shift, when was the ATF last changed? you have to change that every 30k miles if you want it to last.

This sounds like a problem with either a bad PCV Valve, or possibly a dirty EGR Valve. On my 2006 Civic EX, i had an issue when you were at a red light, the car felt like it wanted to shut off (Very low idle). This issue was solved with a new OEM PCV Valve, and a EGR Valve clean (You need a new gasket since you can't use the old one).

If this doesn't fix the issue, then idk. Check the compression of each cylinders to verify if the engine itself isn't worn out.

I think your Acura model is known for Transmission Issues. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pcv valve is all gd, doubt its compression as it only has 130000 kms on it. Moving shift selector from park to reverse rpms jumped to 1500 rpms causing a strain on tranny so doubt it's the tranny. No air leaks, so perhaps egr, I'm thinking fuel injectors perhaps?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if these are causing the issues , but I have a oil pressure switch leak and the car is missing a front lower torque strut engine mount.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When the car is put to reverse, the engine/transmission jerks a bit (idk why). Since you mentioned that the car is missing an Engine Mount piece, this could be the issue with the high RPM jump.

I would highly suggest you to buy one online (or at the dealer) and install it. Either way without one, you’re stressing out the other mounts when the car is under load.

For the Oil Pressure Switch Leak, idk what that is, but you could see if it needs replacing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked up your vehicle. In the USA, you're 2006 Acura CSX is a 8th gen civic (I didn't know that).

This engine is notorious for Engine Mount Failure. Definitely get the engine mount piece you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already ordered it, I suppose does anyone know bolt specs for the 2 bolts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already ordered it, I suppose does anyone know bolt specs for the 2 bolts?
It's also missing the engine mount as well, I'm pretty sure this is a factory assembly screws up as there is no wear or anything showing one was ever installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well called the dealership, this particular mode does not have a front mount or torque arm, so that would explain it not being there, lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
..... i can't really find the issue. If you don't mind spending money for a diagnostics at the dealership, i would go for that route.

If i were you, i would clean out the EGR Valve if that helps anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cleaned out egr, didnt help, got a fuel pressure test that came back normal, had a snap on diagnostic on throttle body it passed. Replaced o rings on injectors. Still have issue. Basically shop said could be throttle body, could be injectors themselves or open check valve in pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The fuel lines however lost 15 psi in 15 minutes with car off. acura said there is no specs for that though

·
Registered
71 Posts
This problem is very unknown. Not sure exactly why it's happening.

The problem is hiding somewhere. You just gotta keep diagnosing and looking for any odd issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts