8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that they are two totally differnt cars, but that is why its so difficult for me to chose? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I vote this the gheyest VS thread ever...

·
Registered
35 Posts
the sts is nice but they are very different cars. id go with the si only becuase its more nimble and its a 6speed, fun car to drive rather then a boat. even though im sure an sts can hand an si its ass in a race. i dont care.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I vote this the gheyest VS thread ever... as posted by:mininsx

Well I didnt ask you to buy the car. Those are just the two cars I have my eye on right now. I want the si because it will be a fun sporty car to drive. The sts I know is a total oppisite when compared but is still a great and elegant car, and that motor is not weak by any means. And the modding would be a totally differnt expiernce on both cars... With the si I would probably do all performance mods and rims. With the sts it would be all show(witch I have never tryed but still seems like fun....Altough these are two totally diferent cars these are the cars I have chosen to narrow down my selection to. Now altough the sts may not be everyones cup of tea that is no reason to talk ****...^^^^....To everyone else thank you for your responses...:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry if that was harsh, I just dont see one thing common between the two cars besides the fact that they both ride on 4 tires...

My first reaction was a laugh as I was thinking WTF? Who could compare a grandpa 4-dr car and a pocket rocket sport compact coupe?

I hope you buy the Caddy...

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
mininsx said:
Sorry if that was harsh, I just dont see one thing common between the two cars besides the fact that they both ride on 4 tires...

My first reaction was a laugh as I was thinking WTF? Who could compare a grandpa 4-dr car and a pocket rocket sport compact coupe?

I hope you buy the Caddy...
I tend to wonder why anyone would compare the two cars too, I would call the STS a successful grandpa car :)

Anyway, STS's run about 40-50 grand ($47,000 for the V8 RWD and $50,000 for the V8 AWD), why not look at a CTS-V ($49,000), far better car in every aspect and people generally don't call any car that shares a drive train with the vet a grandpa car. PLus you get the 6-speed manual, although not as nice as the one in civic, it's still a good tranny for putting the 400 hp down.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jrfish007 said:
I tend to wonder why anyone would compare the two cars too, I would call the STS a successful grandpa car :)

Anyway, STS's run about 40-50 grand ($47,000 for the V8 RWD and $50,000 for the V8 AWD), why not look at a CTS-V ($49,000), far better car in every aspect and people generally don't call any car that shares a drive train with the vet a grandpa car. PLus you get the 6-speed manual, although not as nice as the one in civic, it's still a good tranny for putting the 400 hp down.

Actually a used sts(one year old) with 20k miles runs around 28 give or take a couple grand( I probably should of stated that I planned on getting the sts used if I decided on it..Ops). The reason I dont look at the cts is I just dont like the looks of it even though the styling in similar the cts looks squished to me' thats why I prefer the sts. That and the sts is just more car.. And I know it's a wierd comparison but those are the two cars I want, granted both for totally different reasons. Oh and if I was to chose the sts I,d go with the rwd.. No need for awd in socal really...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mplscivic said:
Why ask something like this on this forum? Everyone here is going to have a bias and go for the civic.

I ask on this forum because I own a 03 civic and have been on 7th gen since Ive had it. That and I very well might end up with another civic although this time an 06'si instead of an 03'ex. I to am biased towards the civic. It is a great car. But if you were to test drive the sts you would probably think it is also a great car just in a different way.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
czechcgigalo said:
Actually a used sts(one year old) with 20k miles runs around 28 give or take a couple grand( I probably should of stated that I planned on getting the sts used if I decided on it..Ops). The reason I dont look at the cts is I just dont like the looks of it even though the styling in similar the cts looks squished to me' thats why I prefer the sts. That and the sts is just more car.. And I know it's a wierd comparison but those are the two cars I want, granted both for totally different reasons. Oh and if I was to chose the sts I,d go with the rwd.. No need for awd in socal really...
A car with that low of a resale value?:eek: Heck no....I'd go with something else.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that really is one large neagative with the sts:mad: But then again thats the only reason I'd be able to afford a 1 year old sts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, if you wait another year, you could prob. trade your `03 Civic straight up for the Caddy...

Resale is TERRIBLE on caddy cars...

That alone will keep me from ever buying a caddy...

There are a lot of other RWD sedans I would choose around $30g's...

Usually you dont get as good of an interest rate on a used car, so though you might have to spend a little more, your payments might not be that much higher in the long run...

G35 Sedan 6-speed (31,050)
325I 6-speed (30,900)
IS250 6-speed (31,300)

Those are just MSRP's too, surely you can get at least $2g's off. Well maby the G35, the BMW and the Lexus are all new for this year, so they might be "hot" for 6 months or so...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts