8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my sister owns a 2005 Honda civic LX, automatic transmission. She bought it in 2007 and has an extended warranty on it until 100K (currently 80K miles).

Her car has been very loud. She bought four new tires and had them changed and balanced at the dealer.

Looking on the internet it sounds like it can be a bad wheel bearing? I think her transmission is on the last leg. I'm taking it Honda tomorrow but do yall have any suggestions?

It kind of goes romp romp romp all the time over 3K RPMs.

I have checked the CV joints and no problem there... I have checked the tires to see if there was any play in them and there was not. I have also made sure the lugs were tight.

Help?

·
Registered
333 Posts
a good wheels bearing check is to drive the car until your hear the noise, carefully sway it back and forth.
the body roll will take weight off of one side of the car and for that moment the noise would go away as there's no tension on the wheel bearing

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
My 05 had a bad wheel bearing very early in it's life, I blamed it on the tires until they were changed at 43k and the noise remained. Later, I would get a slight feel in the wheel during certain conditions like a 25-30 mph slight/med curve. The mechanic said it was easy to diagnose. Mine was on passenger side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts