8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 civic lx blower for heater- a/c won’t work on any speed setting the rear defroster won’t turn on nor will rec air. Checked fuses their all good

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check wiring behind the control panel for any loose wiring. Also check blower relay.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check wiring behind the control panel for any loose wiring. Also check blower relay.

How do I check the relay? I’ve hooked the motor up straight and it works fine. I replaced the resistor and still nothing

Hooked motor up direct it works fine. Replaced the resistor still nothing so how do I test the relay. It’s getting costly buying parts I don’t need lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
As far as I know, the relay for the blower and the radiator fan motor should be of the same capacity. So in the fuse box, you can try to interchange them and check if the AC blower is working. If it is working, then you need to replace it else you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

Since you said that the rear defroster, recirculation and the AC modes also aren't working, suggest that you remove the panel from the dash and check for any connection issues before trying to replace anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just tried something I saw on YouTube I unplugged the new resistor & ran a jumper wire inside the plug and it came on. The video states bad resistor if so I just purchased a faulty one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts