8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how 20 inch rims (20/30/225) would work on a Honda Civic 2007 VTi 1.8 which came OEM with 15/195/65?

I've heard heaps of people on this forum who claim to have upgraded to this and claim its no trouble but I'm wondering how the smoothness of the ride would become? E.g. going over speedbumps, potholes and also the possible problem of rims bending and denting over potholes. I'm also wondering about if the 1.8 litre engine would become damaged from lugging the heavy 20s around, or even if it's capable opf pushing 20s. Anyone wanna shed some feedback?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, i'm asking it cause i've seen others do it and are wondering how the f*ck they've done it without absolutely destroying their car. Just querying the possibilities that's all.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
nope, i'm asking it cause i've seen others do it and are wondering how the f*ck they've done it without absolutely destroying their car. Just querying the possibilities that's all.

I like this guy^^ :laughing:

LMAO. Welcome to the site.Trust me, many of us have wondered the same thing. Its one of those grand mysteries. They show us their cars, then disappear into the virtual world. Rarely do we ever hear what really has become of their cars.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
It is possible to have 20's. Its like a 225/30-20. Your ride is horrible. Your car will be fine, just wont brake as fast. And potholes are your enemy. But... it is doable. Just have to watch out and drive slow. My friend has 24's on his charger r/t and it is fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would 19s be better if my car came with 15s? would there be any damage to the engine or suspension or anything else after a few years from having larger wheels?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
your engine will suffer deep lacerations to the intake manifold and possibly hyperventilate.

dont say i never told you so.

and to those pics...i was lmfao- must feel like your getting hit with missiles while driving on bad pavement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thanks for the feedback. I'll leave the chrome 17s I've got on then. Got a comfortable 215/45 profile tyre on so i'll leave it like that.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
No, those are 22"s and 24"s. 20"s are for Mercedes, Lincoln LS's, and Impalas. Don't forget the DUB sticker!
You forgot about Grand marquis and crown vics... There's nothing like a DONK LOL

Anyway dude if you plan on replacing your tranny, rotors, and brake pads go dor it. The tranny will be strained causing it to be stuck in one gerar in an automatic and burn the clutch out and maybe screw up syncros. It may warp your rotors beacuse a greater rotating mass. Hell it could even cause failure in your ABS system. Dude dont do it thats like giving a toddler a loaded gun..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts