8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my engine is screwed now all of a sudden. I OWNED THE CAR FOR 2 YEARS, AND ONLY 25 000 KM ON IT

I wouldnt consider myself a hard driver at all, but i do push the limits sometimes. never red line though(or try not to)

but im without a car for 3 weeks now.

my #4 piston and crankshaft along with bearing is toast. and im ill pissed cause Honda is reluctant to cover it with warranty with really gets me pissed off. They wont even give me a rental car for the time being!

Anyways, very surprised about it. I was driving along one day, and then all of a sudden after going ivtec. as my revs came down, i heard a knocking noise.

After this started, it would continuously make the noise as soon as i hit 2000 rpm. so i took it to the shop right away.

I dont got no price quotes or anything yet cause they havent really looked into it deeply and its been a week.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure on how much i could expect to pay to repair this should they not grant the warranty??

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I think every honda in america is given a 3 year 36000 warrenty to begin with...you havent passed either of them so there is no reason they shouldnt give it to you...

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
New engine hew= ~7k...Used...maybe 4k...

I don't see why they wouldn't cover this unless theres something you're not telling us

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they looked at the thread in my tires which is gettin low and assumed that i drove "my car hard"

to me that should be irrelevant.

i dont have any mods on the car. just got a exterior lip kit, which should not be a problem.

it just pisses me off how they are considering voiding me!

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
they looked at the thread in my tires which is gettin low and assumed that i drove "my car hard"

to me that should be irrelevant.

i dont have any mods on the car. just got a exterior lip kit, which should not be a problem.

it just pisses me off how they are considering voiding me!
WTF...Go to a different dealer or call Honda of Canada directly...That's BS

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
lol, yea it's irrelevant... You never exceeded the engine's limit's. I know for a fact you don't drive your car harder than Me. And im at 33k miles and still strong.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the thing is i dont know yet, but them questioning me like that makes me really scared that they arent gonna cover it..

they havent outright come and told me that they are gonna cover it.

they just told me that info is gonna be sent to Main Honda Office for approval

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it started happening as soon as i got off i-vtec, never red lined to, but kept rpm high up there for about 15 secs, that could have caused the break

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
25k on stock tires...alot of people needed new tires at 15k so tell them to screw themselves for that rason.
for a 6k+ repair, they NEED to give you a actual reason and prove what caused the damage. try hard to get a loaner car from tehm. just tell tehm that you want to know what caused it before they claim no warrenty....and until they proove your out of warrenty they cannot deny you a loaner (unless that dealer doesnt usualy have loaner

BTW, what are the mods to the car? hopefully not an intake...

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Yeah some R18 blocks have already cracked before, maybe your driving it like an Si? Try to keep the revs down next time R18 wasn't made to hold that kind of stress

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thing is i got no intakes or other mods, its all stock.

and they built the engine to go that high, so it has to be able to sustain pressure like that.

thats not a problem of mine, its a manufacturers quality problem

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
thing is i got no intakes or other mods, its all stock.

and they built the engine to go that high, so it has to be able to sustain pressure like that.

thats not a problem of mine, its a manufacturers quality problem
You are correct.:thumb:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
get a honda rep to look at your car and get them to prove the damage was from abuse. as long as youve never overrevved your car, your covered under warrenty.

·
Registered
235 Posts
25k on stock tires...alot of people needed new tires at 15k so tell them to screw themselves for that rason.
for a 6k+ repair, they NEED to give you a actual reason and prove what caused the damage. try hard to get a loaner car from tehm. just tell tehm that you want to know what caused it before they claim no warrenty....and until they proove your out of warrenty they cannot deny you a loaner (unless that dealer doesnt usualy have loaner

BTW, what are the mods to the car? hopefully not an intake...

^^^^No dealership will give a loaner to any one under the age of 21. For insurance reasons.

how old is the OP???

1 - 20 of 64 Posts