8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am facing a very annoying situation, i got 08 civic, everything stock.
from the last couple of months two things are annoying me alot and i need experts opinion on that.

first one is that i am hearing too much road friction noise inside the cabin, replaced both front bearing under warranty but still sound is there, is this because of rims or tires (Bridgestones) or anything else.

secondly one is that i am hearing Trrrrrrr sound on low RPM when we put load on the engine i.e. car in D or R gear. this sound is not audible when you open the hood, its only audible inside the cabin, with complete silence.

i showed it to many mechanics and they all agreed that abnormal sound is there but unable to find the cause of that sound it looks like something is touching the body or any other part when the engine adjust location on load.

pls help me out guys !!! :readtherules:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Road noise is one of the few problems with Si's. Its a pretty common complaint. Though the type of tires can affect this. Performance tires tend to transfer more noise. The other noise I have no idea on.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Road noise is one of the few problems with Si's. Its a pretty common complaint. Though the type of tires can affect this. Performance tires tend to transfer more noise. The other noise I have no idea on.
From the sounds of putting it in D or R, it doesn't sound like an Si. As an EX owner, I can tell you that the OEM Bridgestones on the non-Si's are TERRIBLE!!! They were noisy since 12 miles, yes 12, and only got worse to the point I chose to put Michelins on at 25k, problem solved, quiet as a mouse, and much better traction. At the same time, dealer changed out my rear lower control arms (TSB for this) and did a 4 wheel alignment, all under warranty. Rides like a dream now especially after doing rotations every 5k with my oil changes. Good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
From the sounds of putting it in D or R, it doesn't sound like an Si. As an EX owner, I can tell you that the OEM Bridgestones on the non-Si's are TERRIBLE!!!
Wow I completely missed that it was an auto :facepalm: I noticed a common complaint with the 8th gen civics seems to be road noise. Though tires have a lot to do with this. Are you still on the stock tires?

·
Registered
379 Posts
How many miles did u have on the car when they replaced the bearings?....I think my passenger side bearing is bad but I'm afraid I'm not under warranty anymore with 45k miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts