8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if you have to cut into the stock sub or something in the si to get aftermarket subs to be powered or anything? Sorry the question is so vague its just that i did all the wiring correctly or so i think i did and i just cant find out why these subs won't turn on??? If anyone can help it would really be appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Re-check your wiring. How did you wire up the amp and subs? If you do a search there are lots of threads on audio installations

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Just get 1 12" and it sounds so much better...

I have one eclipse 12 and 500w amp...disconnect stock sub, much better

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the two subs i put a jumper in the + and - of one speaker and did the same for the other sub.. Then i took the + wire and ran it to the other sub and same for the - and i ran a + and a - wire from one sub to the terminal on the side of the box.. IDK if this will help. Oh and for the amp i just connected the speaker wire thats running from the terminal on the sub box and put it to the speaker input on the amp

·
Registered
837 Posts
You connected your subs to the input of your amp???

You connected jumpers to the rear speaker wires???

Do you have a line-output converter? It sounds like you are realllllllllllly lost dude.

It's hard to understand what you're saying cause it makes no sense, but if you connected everything the way I *think* you did based on how it sounds: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Go pay someone to do your install homie.

·
Registered
445 Posts
^^^^ agreed...if you dont know what to do just get someone to do it, its not that much money...you need a line converter if you're using your stock HU to get an RCA signal...or even just go to your local audio shop and ask questions dude, good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts