8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My car just hit 4k miles today, and my oil life is 40%. I was planning on going to the dealer to get my free oil change this weekend, but should I wait it out and let my sensor go to 6k+?

Also, my rpm's are kinda screwy, it seems like they jump fast, and I hit my 3k rpm shift point at a lower speed(5-speed r18). Should I reset my ECU? The way the car revved when I first got it compared to now is different. It doesn't bother me THAT much, as I just shift by the sound...but I need to shift earlier and it's kind of a pain. Did the car "learn" the way I drive and calibrate something? Just guessing here, maybe it's a completely different situation.

PS. I did a search and found little to no help, sorry if this has been covered before!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know for the Si the manual state you should not change your old before 5K because the motor has to break in with the oil that is in there. I think its only a suggestion but I usually follow what the manual says. It doesn't hurt to reset your ECU see if it solves your problem ... you might be just paranoid about your new car as most of us are...

47midgets said:
Hey guys,

My car just hit 4k miles today, and my oil life is 40%. I was planning on going to the dealer to get my free oil change this weekend, but should I wait it out and let my sensor go to 6k+?

Also, my rpm's are kinda screwy, it seems like they jump fast, and I hit my 3k rpm shift point at a lower speed(5-speed r18). Should I reset my ECU? The way the car revved when I first got it compared to now is different. It doesn't bother me THAT much, as I just shift by the sound...but I need to shift earlier and it's kind of a pain. Did the car "learn" the way I drive and calibrate something? Just guessing here, maybe it's a completely different situation.

PS. I did a search and found little to no help, sorry if this has been covered before!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts