8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone I have searched and I have either found no information or very little information on the problems I am experiencing.

1. When the car is cold and I put the car in gear and ease off of the clutch I get a whining noise but I cannot pin point where this noise is coming from. It only seems to happen when the motor is cold and it is cold outside. If I ease off a bit to where the car starts to roll and I hold it there I get the whining/droning noise until the car is full moving and my foot is off of the clutch. This only happens when I am coming out of 1st gear from a dead stop, I have also noticed it when reversing from a dead stop as well.

2. When I go around 70+mph I get a shaking feeling on the passenger side of the car and a droning noise kind of like a wooooooooo sound lol, I was told it could be a bad wheel bearing and I believe I read somewhere on the forums there was a tsb for the bearings but I couldn't seem to find more info as to if honda would acknowledge this issue....I did register to the honda owner link website and I did see the recall for the ABS sensor that caused water to rust the bearings and what not and it does say it was fixed but I am wondering if this is why my bearing has gone bad (if it is the wheel bearing). Do you guys think honda would acknowledge this if I was to bring up the tsb and recall situation?

Edit: So after taking my car to get new tires today problem number 2 has been fixed....it was the tires indeed, now its time to take care of the noise when coming off the clutch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
what kind of car and what year. Also check your rear tires for "cupping". If there cupped honda see's it as not rotating your tires enough.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2007 si sedan....what do you mean by cupping?...uneven tire wear?

I'll check once I get out of work

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an appointment with the stealership tomorrow morning to see what the case is on the shaking and humming noise for now I am not too worried about the transmission issue right now but I will have them take a look at that as well.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i think i have issue number one too, it only happens when i reverse when the car is cold. after i back out n it makes the whining metal sounding hum it doesnt do it again for the rest of the day.....maybe usually the following morning kinda having a mind of its own

1 - 8 of 8 Posts