8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so last week i installed 2.5" custom tubing from the cat back /no resonators and a strait through flow magnaflow muffler.
yesterday i made my intake into a cold air intake , no camera now or i would have pics .
Any way i was just wwondering to all with aftermarket exhaust ,since the flow is freed up do you feel a difference in vibration at idle?
To me it is kinda annoying . I know it is cause the motor is producing vibration and now the exhaust has no resonators to creat back pressure but it runs soooo sweet .

Just wondering what other peoples idles are like mine stays at about 600 but i do feel more vibration

Thanks for any responses:vtec:

stock system

·
Registered
517 Posts
my exh. setup is exactly like urs. i doesn't really vibrate at all, and its not loud at idle but when u punch it to wot, it is very loud. maybe the vibration has something to do with how the catback was constructed, is it custom?

·
Registered
517 Posts
im thinking maybe the vibrations ur talking about are the ones when ur driving around right? if thats the case, then, its just the exhaust, b/c mine vibrates due to no resonators to dissapate the resonance or vibrations. if u like loud, a straight through design serves pretty well.

·
Registered
919 Posts
im thinking maybe the vibrations ur talking about are the ones when ur driving around right? if thats the case, then, its just the exhaust, b/c mine vibrates due to no resonators to dissapate the resonance or vibrations. if u like loud, a straight through design serves pretty well.
Hmm, so I suppose the res on the Ti-C spoils me...

Oh well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.