8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm currently planning out my build for my 08 FG2. So far I have a Flashpro, HR intake, P2R TB spacer, thermal intake gasket, 70a motor mounts, and Skunk2 Alpha header. While I'd like to pick up a supercharger kit one day, that day won't come for a good while. I may even decide to stay N/A before then. So I've been looking for info on what size exhaust will get me the best power all across the RPM range. I've seen lots of conflicting info, some say a 3" will decrease low end torque (makes sense), others say that our engines are an exception. I tried to find some dyno sheets but I could only find them for other K series engines. Those charts do support that a 3" makes the most power everywhere even on N/A, but I'd like to make sure that applies to my 'Z3 before I go buying one. Also, the dyno chart I was looking at is 2.5" vs 3", so I'm wondering if maybe the Invidia Q300 is a good middle ground. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
492 Posts
3" will give you the most overall gain. Full-Race is likely the most popular while K-tuned is another option.

Invidia Q300 is a good choice as well. Only 70mm but from what I have read it will be a little more quiet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3" will give you the most overall gain. Full-Race is likely the most popular while K-tuned is another option.

Invidia Q300 is a good choice as well. Only 70mm but from what I have read it will be a little more quiet.
Thanks for the reply, I've definitely seen a ton of praise for Full Race here. If it does make the best power then sounds like that's what I'll be going with, makes a great noise too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts