8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
completely stock TW 07 SI at the moment, but I have 2k to spend on mods, Im not so much worried about the outside quite yet, but more performance oriented. I will eventually prolly go HFP full suspension or something of the sort. No plans to go FI unless its a very streetable DD setup, but ill cross that bridge when I get there. Dont care much about peak hp numbers, Im thinking useful power throughout the band. Any help appreciated.

Thanks is advance for the info!
Josh

·
Registered
636 Posts
ssr header - $1,000
hondata reflash -$ 595
exhaust of your choice - $400 to $600

thats about the best you can do with 2k

·
Registered
147 Posts
p2r throttle body spacers, nst pulleysss, hondata reflash, hondata img, and i guess u should keep a stock air filter. i keep reading about how people have problems with their SRI and CAI but its up to u to decide which way ta go hopes this helps.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
You've got the fever, and King Bob has the medicine. :D

He's pretty much answered your post completely. Spend it on a header, then get an exhaust (or not, it's pretty free flowing stock anyway), then the reflash. You'll see very little in peak HP, but you'll notice your powerband jump up in the middle. If you don't get an exhaust, get some tires to match the power -- I recommend some Potenzas. :D

Actually yunglaosta also brought up good points with the gaskets and the TB spacer. That would probably be better for you atm than the exhaust. Why? Like I said, it's pretty free flowing already -- and it actually sounds quite good.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
well, little things count too- TWM Short shifter + bushings, Cat back exhaust, maybe K&N drop in, drop on eibach pro, Camber kit, sway bars maybe, and definite reflash. you'll still have room to spend after this stuff. tires might be a good idea.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Izzy said:
You've got the fever, and King Bob has the medicine. :D

He's pretty much answered your post completely. Spend it on a header, then get an exhaust (or not, it's pretty free flowing stock anyway), then the reflash. You'll see very little in peak HP, but you'll notice your powerband jump up in the middle. If you don't get an exhaust, get some tires to match the power -- I recommend some Potenzas. :D

Actually yunglaosta also brought up good points with the gaskets and the TB spacer. That would probably be better for you atm than the exhaust. Why? Like I said, it's pretty free flowing already -- and it actually sounds quite good.

lol very true keeps more money in ur pockets. right now u should concentrate on ur engine building than ur exhaust. well thats imo but like i said its really all up to u. so really just work on ur performance first then exhaust later. exhaust cost a f$%king lot!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Here's one that will REALLY drive everyone nuts. Set up an emergency fund account of $1000 and then use the other $1000 to pay down your insane rate credit cards and if you don't have those to pay down your car note so it's YOUR car and not THE BANK'S car that much sooner. When it's paid off and all your other debts are paid off then put your monthly car note into an account every month and in half a year you'll have more than $2k for whatever you want, unless you have the atypical car note now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mookie469 said:
How about, a cat back 400-600, springs 160, for lights cheap ones 60 or OEM 250, Headers 600 and the REFLASH....

he shouldnt worry about getting a catback if he wants performance right now. i would agree with the reflash and headers but at the same time i would disagree with headers..y? because only race headers are available which i wouldnt honostly get because it would eliminate the catback and would fail emissions. and who would want to be spending there time taking out the raceheader and replacing it with the stock one just for a emission!!! i would say raceheaders are not worth it even though it does slightly gain.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Posting up a search, the Comptech is the only CARB-legal header, so long as it doesn't delete the catalytic converter. Other than that, you can get a header that doesn't eliminate the cat, or uses a high flow cat instead. Basically, if you do this, just try to avoid police. :D I think you would want to look into Comptech and/or Vibrant (they have a header with high-flow that just came out IIRC). You won't get as much in terms of gains than the Buddy Club Headers, but you're playing it safer.

I was sticking within the realm of "bolt on" mods. But, I will also vouch hardcoer for the TWM short-shifter kit + the base bushings. I don't have the cable bushings yet, but everybody who's driven my car who has a manual has been pretty jealous of the shorter, slightly stiffer shifts. :D

LDB is the smartest one here. :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
LDB said:
Here's one that will REALLY drive everyone nuts. Set up an emergency fund account of $1000 and then use the other $1000 to pay down your insane rate credit cards and if you don't have those to pay down your car note so it's YOUR car and not THE BANK'S car that much sooner. When it's paid off and all your other debts are paid off then put your monthly car note into an account every month and in half a year you'll have more than $2k for whatever you want, unless you have the atypical car note now.
Yes dad, but I want to mod my car now!:eek:mg:

·
Registered
124 Posts
For $2,000 you should be able to get a cold air intake, a high-flow cat, a cat-back exhaust, the Hondata reflash and the NST pulley set. I would leave the stock header in place, as it's pretty efficient. You could also skip the CAI and go with a K&N drop-in filter, which would leave you some money for the throttle body spacer (sandwiched by two throttle body gaskets) and the intake manifold gasket.

Brian

·
Registered
307 Posts
brthorner said:
For $2,000 you should be able to get a cold air intake, a high-flow cat, a cat-back exhaust, the Hondata reflash and the NST pulley set. I would leave the stock header in place, as it's pretty efficient. You could also skip the CAI and go with a K&N drop-in filter, which would leave you some money for the throttle body spacer (sandwiched by two throttle body gaskets) and the intake manifold gasket.

Brian
:thumb: Also a Stiffy, Engine torque damper.:dancing:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
This topic has been covered countless times by similar threads, but here's my $0.02:

Get a K & N typhoon intake ($175), DC race header ($360), 60MM Skunk 2 MegaPower exhaust ($480), NST pulleys ($225), TB spacers and gaskets ($100), a TWM short shifter with base busings and cable bushings ($125), and Hondata Reflash ($600). That will be a SICK ASS set up! Total estimated cost = $2065

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
King Bob said:
ssr header - $1,000
hondata reflash -$ 595
exhaust of your choice - $400 to $600

thats about the best you can do with 2k
:yeahthat

Or go with the Buddy Club header, save yourself 200 bucks, and then put that towards an intake.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts