8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so my car has always been crappy from 1st to 2nd. and in the winter it is even worse. It had been a while since the mtf fluid had been changed, so i took it to the stealership and had them give me some fresh juce. now my 3rd to 4th shift is total garbage. in the past 3rd to 4th was always money, i could powershift if i wanted and there were never any issues.

is it possible that they didn't fill it up all the ways or something? im at a total loss. and quite pissed too.

thanks for the input.

UPDATE!!!!

so i took my car in to have it looked at and they are going to do the third gear tsb as well as give me a whole new forth gear! im so happy, i thought i was just going to have to live with it!!!!!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea first to second is the same. but third to forth is crap. it all just pisses me off. i am taking the car in on Wednesday next week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had a problem shifting from 1st to 2nd at high rpms and i had my mtf changed and had redline full syntetic put in and after the break in i havent had any problems since then it shifts smooth through all the gears id deffinetly recomend giving that a shot

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im going to have to do something. it makes me so mad. i am also going to take my short shifter off too so i don't take any bs for that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know I dont have any problems, but if you have been powershifting then that could end up being the cause of some problem. Using updated fluid or the BG syncro shift could help you as well, but if you've been shifting hard or without a clutch or anything else, there's no one to blame but yourself.

But at the same time it could be the dealership's fault.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i mean i have powershifted it before, but never made a habit out of it. but i never had any issues with it till after i just got it back from the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts