8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be approaching 4k miles in not to long and i want to get this old oil out of my engine. its been in there since March. I Will be storing my car for the winter so its makes no sense to put in synthetic since i will have to get new oil after storage. So i decided to get it changed at the dealer.

i just have some questions.

- if i don't have 15 % but 40 will they still change my oil? Because many were told to wait till they hit 15
- Will they change my filter aswell or just my oils? since there is a special reminder for the filter.
- do they put in honda genuine or any bullshit they got?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
they will still change it at 40%.... IMO 4000 miles is time for new oil (40%/4000 is when i changed mine)

you're right, there is a maintenance minder for engine oil, and another one for engine oil + filter.... ask them to change the oil AND filter... hell id even make a specific scratch on the filter to make sure they changed it to a new one

you probably cant be sure... but all conventionals are the same

id still change it yourself though because i dont trust stealerships

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shutter13 said:
they will still change it at 40%.... IMO 4000 miles is time for new oil (40%/4000 is when i changed mine)

you're right, there is a maintenance minder for engine oil, and another one for engine oil + filter.... ask them to change the oil AND filter... hell id even make a specific scratch on the filter to make sure they changed it to a new one

you probably cant be sure... but all conventionals are the same

id still change it yourself though because i dont trust stealerships
i want to change it myself but my dad keeps bitching to get the first one changed at the dealer. im like WHYY?
And yes i was thinking about doing the scratch on filter thing : )

if anything my dad can take the car to the local mechanic on stands and we can change it out selves, but he wants it in the record book that he did it so if any problems accur it will be covered. i told him that we have a right to change our own oil, just need a recite that i bought the oil and filter right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts