8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. When I'm sitting at the lights and it's time to go sometimes I can't put this baby into 1st gear unless I go 2nd gear first. I have a 2009 Si.

·
Registered
8 Posts
reminds me of my old Mazda MX3 you couldn't pull it out of first if your life depended on it.. it was like that god who pulled the sword from the stone or w/e :p

·
Registered
846 Posts
ya. happens to me, 09 FA5

manual says it's normal (and to shift into 2nd when it occurs than first), however, if it happens all the time, than to contact dealership

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya it happens about 1 in every 10 times. not a big deal... just wanted to make sure i didn't screw up my baby somehow.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Just curious. When you come to a stop and are waiting to go (such as at a stop sign or light) do you keep the clutch depressed? Or do you put it in neutral and let the clutch out while you are waiting, then push the clutch and put it in gear when it's time to start out?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You're blocked out of first gear if traveling above 15 *** (about 7 mph.) for best results, try shifting into first just before you come to a stop.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
You're blocked out of first gear if traveling above 15 *** (about 7 mph.) for best results, try shifting into first just before you come to a stop.
... and then sit with the clutch engaged until the light turns green/your turn to go?

(I stay off the clutch as much as possible. but that's just me.)

·
Registered
846 Posts
he said when he's stopped, so i figured he meant from 0mph

yeah, if your going anything above 4-5mph and shifting into 1st, that is going to be a bit rough, haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts