8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully this is in the correct area;
My brother has a nice 1997 Civic 1.6 that drives great but has an ABS Issue, during slow breaking ABS comes on (chatters) and intermitently while driving down the road.

Dealer wants $1,800 to fix a $1,500 car, so my question is how to deactivate the ABS so he now has basic breaks only. Can't find a specific fuse or regulator for the ABS only. Can it be unplugged near the Master Cylinder?

Can't find a shop manual for this car,,,,,

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks; Jessica :wavey:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Honda-Tech.com and Temple of VTEC would be better places to ask this. I would guess the fuse is under the hood. I would also see about getting the ABS sensors cleaned or replaced. If he has his car on non-standard wheels and suspension, both could be causing problems.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
Hopefully this is in the correct area;
My brother has a nice 1997 Civic 1.6
that drives great but has an ABS Issue, during slow breaking ABS comes on (chatters) and intermitently while driving down the road.

Dealer wants $1,800 to fix a $1,500 car, so my question is how to deactivate the ABS so he now has basic breaks only. Can't find a specific fuse or regulator for the ABS only. Can it be unplugged near the Master Cylinder?

Can't find a shop manual for this car,,,,,

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks; Jessica :wavey:
:facepalm:
for some reason i doubt this is the right place.
this is your first post. so that means you joined a forum dedicated to 06+ civics...and you HOPE that this is the correct place to post a question about a 97 civic? really?

welcome to the forum. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts