8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the imports i have a 71 mustang v8 but i needed more economical car... i have a 1991 civic hb with a d16a6 engine in it its got some pretty good accel but im craving more i aint to interested in an engine swap so what can i do?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Welcome to the site!:bighug:

I know you're trying to avoid it, but if it was me, and I had money, a B series/ K series swap is the way to go.

Edit: A B swap would be a lot less costly than a K swap.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
spray the ***** lol

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Its got more potential then the newest civic.
Bolts ons on that d16a6 will provide you with solid 16 second quartermiles.
Swap in a stock b16(easy and populour swap) and you will have mid 14 second runs.
Or try a type R motor, or K20, or B20 and you will see 13 second passes.
Or turbo the stock engine.

The roads are endless, and fairly cheap since you can find alot of used stuff here and there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok its got a pgmfi intake on it is it bad if i swap it out for like skunk2 or something or will it fubar my system?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yah, dont nickle and dime the mods you do to that motor, or else you will end up not being happy. If you want to do small things, just go for the I/E/H, and make sure you get a full catback, and a real header, with a testpipe. those few mods really open up the performance of that engine.
I used to have 3 different crxs, they came with that engine too.
stock bolts ons its not that fast, but it is very quick.
then i put in a ZC motor, that was 130HP stock, it was pretty decent.
then i had one with a B16a, now that was fast, and in a small car it felt like a monster.
But dont get me wrong, even with 160-170HP it was still a slug under 6000RPM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts