8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
hi, my dumb friend wants to buy a used 100,000 miles crx in okay condition for $2000. i told him that this a rip off. wat do u guys think the price should be. my firend is reading this thread, so please tell him wat an idiot he is. thanks guys!
Way over priced, I seen a 1984 CRX here priced for 300 bucks with motor and everything. It had 150,000 miles on it. This was months ago. If he's gonna buy it, be sure to check the chassis to make sure there are no rust spots on the chassis itself. Thats a very important part to look at when buying a 10+ year old car. If you have visible rust spots eating away at parts of the chassis, might as well dump it b/c the frame will never be able to handle any type of autoX, drag, or anything of that sort.

You could always fix the spots with huge amounts of work though...

Tell him to find another one, plenty around

·
Registered
94 Posts
heres my oil 86 civic si i bought 2 years ago for $500.00 with 139k in se ohio
with a slipping clutch bad axles leaking water pump and inop cooling fan. i put $500.00 into and drove it 2 years and made a $500.00 profit on the car. it had some rot in the floors and some rust in the wheel wells, but a mint interior, i wish i kept it.:sadwavy:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Are used cars that much in Cali?

Jesus, civics in the 02-05's range go for 3000 or under around here.

Edit: I take that back..I just searched your area.

Well...If a CRX is what he really wants then that one seems to be the best within 50 miles. 70K miles isn't bad, unless thats a lie.

Have you considered cars outside your area? Might be cheaper to buy and drive a distance.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Remember, this car has been pushed like a mofo.

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are used cars that much in Cali?

Jesus, civics in the 02-05's range go for 3000 or under around here.

Edit: I take that back..I just searched your area.

Well...If a CRX is what he really wants then that one seems to be the best within 50 miles. 70K miles isn't bad, unless thats a lie.

Have you considered cars outside your area? Might be cheaper to buy and drive a distance.
i dont think my friend will drive too far to get a car. and yes man. cars are expensive in stupid California :(
Remember, this car has been pushed like a mofo.
im gonna tell my friend about that, but i dont think he is gonna listen to me.:eek:hnoes::pat:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.