8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, i know, i need pictures,

i bought an oldsmobile last year, it was really rad at the time, but i'm sick of staring at it sitting in the drive way.

we towed it home, got it running, ran great for about 3 or 4 months, and a main bearing went out.

its got a 455 under the hood, and its in perfect shape in the interior, but it don't run, and there's some dings and dents on the outside.

so what should i do? sell the car? piece it out? fix it and then sell it?

we got it for 2.2k, and the rebuild kit's 600. i don't really know how much it's worth, but lets just sorta, hear it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
take it to a scrape yard. or sell it for dirt cheap.
DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!!!

I am not sure of the value.

But are you willing to repair it? If so, repair and sell. Easy as that. Old cars are much eassier to work on than what you have now. The most complicated this is the carbs!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Carbs and distributor.

If "Jackson" is Mississippi, then sell it to someone to make into a donk.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean, it needs a complete tear down of the engine, i know all about distributors, carbs, etc.

its gonna be a thug wagon, like, 22s, candy purple paint job, 8 12s in the trunk, straight pipes... not that i'm going to do any of that, its just the way its going to happen.

·
Registered
906 Posts
i mean, it needs a complete tear down of the engine, i know all about distributors, carbs, etc.

its gonna be a thug wagon, like, 22s, candy purple paint job, 8 12s in the trunk, straight pipes... not that i'm going to do any of that, its just the way its going to happen.
Well if you wanna do that to it, please sell it to some older man who appreciates it!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just drop a crate motor in and fix it up. You dont see those too often. My friend had one in highschool and he got a candy green paintjob and 22in wire wheels off Ebay....was definately a thug wagon haha. But you could potentially make a serious ride out of that platform.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i mean, i'm planning on selling it and getting a jrsc for the si. i don't want to dump a whole lot of money into it that i don't need to.
it would be a rad ride, but i just got a civic, and i really just need one project. the olds would be great for someone around here that wouldn't mind getting 7-8 mpg.

so... crate motor vs. rebuilt motor... ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts