8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, when i bought my car it had 19 inch staggered wheels on it. what should i do when i get coilovers. should i get a camber kit or skunk2 rear arms, or not worry about it due to my staggered setup of 19x8 and 19x9 setup. Trust me i know 19's are huge, i am trying to sell them but for now i want the best for the application i have. thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no clue. maybe he thought it would help handle, i am really unsure though. i bought it from a dealership so i couldnt even talk to the original owner

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
look all i asked for was help with cambering the car. if you dont want to help me, then dont say anything. i bought the car because i liked it. i have the wheels so i gotta do whats best for now until i can get other wheels. i dont have the stock wheels so i am stuck with what i got. one more time, any suggestions on camber for 19 inch wheels

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You're asking what you should do when you get coil overs...does that mean you're on stock suspension? Leave it be until you get the wheels that you want or whatever, then ask this question again.

And don't be too sensitive about what other people tell you, take it like nothing happened. The more you try to 'defend yourself' or 'stand up for yourself' the more people will jump in and flame you. If someone says your car sucks and you know it doesn't...then just play along right? Sometimes it's nice to stand up for one's self but this is the internet. Lot's of opinions...all of which doesn't really matter and will always be subjective.

·
Registered
254 Posts
well it depends on how low you want to go.
if you lower it between 1inch to 1.5inches you will not need a camber kit.
anything more you will run into camber issues. but only in the rear
either skunk2 or Comptech/SPC both are quality camber kits. both will do fine.

if you are planing to go lower then 1.5", having the camber angled might help with your 19x9 wheels because your wheels would fit better.and less chance of rubbing

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your help guys i greatly appreciate it. for now i am keeping those wheels unless i can sell them and get the gram light 57 s's. i will look into those two kits and that si looks pretty damn good

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P4rD0nM3 said:
You're asking what you should do when you get coil overs...does that mean you're on stock suspension? Leave it be until you get the wheels that you want or whatever, then ask this question again.

And don't be too sensitive about what other people tell you, take it like nothing happened. The more you try to 'defend yourself' or 'stand up for yourself' the more people will jump in and flame you. If someone says your car sucks and you know it doesn't...then just play along right? Sometimes it's nice to stand up for one's self but this is the internet. Lot's of opinions...all of which doesn't really matter and will always be subjective.
i agree 100%

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea they are but i will probably go staggered again, i like the feel of having the wider back tire, i just dont want 19's, but if i go down to 17's i wont go staggered. so many options.....:pat:

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
I've got 19"s, not staggered, but what I got was Megan coilovers and I'm planning on getting the skunk2 arms when I'm not so poor. :(

As you can see, I definately need a camber adjuster. :p I wouldn't mind 19x9 because of the extra traction, but god damn it must be a ***** and a half to turn without rubbing.(but you've got 9 in the back only, right?)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am looking at the B&G's or Tein SS's but i think i am going to go with those Skunk 2's too. at the moment with no suspenison it only rubs with alot of weight and some very hard turning other than that its smooth. how is yours? does it ride nice?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if i can sell them i will, but it came with the car like i said, so i have to use them for now since i have no stock wheels. they look damn good on the car, i just want stock wheels and 18" gram lights. but if i am stuck with these wheels i better make it handle the best i can

·
Registered
209 Posts
freeurmind69 said:
well it depends on how low you want to go.
if you lower it between 1inch to 1.5inches you will not need a camber kit.
anything more you will run into camber issues. but only in the rear
either skunk2 or Comptech/SPC both are quality camber kits. both will do fine.

if you are planing to go lower then 1.5", having the camber angled might help with your 19x9 wheels because your wheels would fit better.and less chance of rubbing

yeah it all depends on how much you want to drop the car, but with 19s tire to fender already has a very small gap to give the expression that its dropped.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts