8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

A guy offered me a good deal on some wheels that are 18x9" with 45mm offset. I know that 9 inches is pretty wide. I was wondering if this would look goofy on my 06 Civic SI. Would it go out too far from the fender??

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
They'll fit with a spacer and stretched tires... A buddy of mine did it on his dc5

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDK also with 7.5 it already gets pretty close to the edge of the fender....Another inch or 1.5 inches the wheel extends past the fender right..????

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
alxwin said:
IDK also with 7.5 it already gets pretty close to the edge of the fender....Another inch or 1.5 inches the wheel extends past the fender right..????
Another inch would get it pretty flush w/ the fender, but you're not considering offset. For example, compared to 17x7 ET45 (stock), a 17x8 ET45 would extend .5 inches both inside and outside. 17x9 ET45 would extend both an inch inside and outside. The main issue w/ 17x9 ET45 is that it might rub against the suspension, which is far worse than rubbing the fenders. Fenders you could always roll.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
please dont put 9 inch wide wheels on ur car...its soo not needed and would prolly be real [email protected]

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
my friend ran 17x9 enkei rpf1's that weighed in the mid-teens... Running a really wide wheel allows lots of lip on the wheels, and wide tires even if they're streched. I remember the spoon car was running a 17x9.5 with a 255 tire in front only.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
true but hes talking about 18's plus to get a wheel that large and it still be in the mid teens for weight would be $$$$$

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
i believe 18x9 rpf1's would still be in the high teens, but I could be wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts