8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
A 9.5 inch wide rim is way too much for a 235. The best rim for a 235 is an 8 inch wide rim. This site is a good source for rim and tire widths.

The stock rims are 7 inches wide. I have only seen one person with 9 inch rims with 255 tires but he had cut the fenders and added fender flares to cover the whole wheel.

If you are set on 235s then get 8 inch rims and everything will fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm more worried about the fitment of the wheels. I was planning on switching to a 245 but the wheels I'm buying already have 235's on them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So the wheels you're buying already have stretched 235s on them?

Well as I said that a 9 inch rim already needs modification to kit. A 9.5 inch is gonna need modification or its gonna rub a lot. I really recommend just getting the correct width rim unless you are willing to do some work to make them fit.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I used to run 235/45-17 tires on a set of 17x9+35 wheels. You are going to poke quite a bit if you are in a stock orientation still. I was lowered so that didn't help, but I had to run quite a bit of negative camber (especially in the rear) in order to not constantly rub. The wheels will definitely clear the arches at stock ride height, but the fender will be hovering above the edge of the tread and any hard bump will have you rubbing.

Here's a pic for reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts