8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up some work emotions and one pair is concave. i would like to run these up front, will it rub with 245/40/17 tires? -1deg camber, eibach springs. can't wait to get these on my car! thanks

these are the wheels i got :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i forgot to mention that they already have almost brand new 245/40's mounted on there, thats why im asking if i can run them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
It might work. I'm running 17x8 +45 with 255/40. Lowered on HFP and no camber up front. I had to tuck my fender liner under the tab or it would rub on extreme dips in the road. I don't rub at all anymore.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well without spacers the wheels were hitting the struts. i bought some grade 8 1/2" opening flat washers, they are 2.32mm thick. they worked perfectly, no more rubbing on the inside of the strut, even thou its very close.
i tucked the fender liners under the fender tabs and bent the tabs up, no rubbing even when turning the wheel to full lock. they look awesome on there! thanks guys!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just a little update for those who try this setup:

the inside of the front passenger wheel was rubbing on the strut, only when turning. i guess the suspension geometry changes enough to allow the wheel to move in closer to the strut when the wheel is turned. I simply added another 2.3mm washer to each of the lugs on both front wheels. (now about 5mm (4.6mm) total)
It was happening on the passenger side only because I have slightly more camber on that side (1.6 deg as opposed to 1.4deg on the other side) we couldn't get it any closer when on the alignment machine.
I am going to go back for a new alignment soon because it has changed with the new wheel offsets and wider wheels.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
bump from the dead....Any problems rubbing the fender? I have the same wheel specs except for a 38 offset and I would like the widest wheels possible without pull/shave/roll. I'm lowered on Tein s techs w/hfp shocks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
^ You are using the same tire size also 245/40/17? Id go down to a 235/40/17.

Since your not on coilovers you'll prob rub on dips in the road your gonna need some -camber up front and maybe a 5mil spacer to clear the strut. You might not as your using the stock strut still. Im running 17x9 +37 on 235/40/17 tires on coilovers and i can barley slide a key between the strut and the tire. And i had to roll the fenders and tuck the liner not to rub.

·
Registered
742 Posts
^ You are using the same tire size also 245/40/17? Id go down to a 235/40/17.

Since your not on coilovers you'll prob rub on dips in the road your gonna need some -camber up front and maybe a 5mil spacer to clear the strut. You might not as your using the stock strut still. Im running 17x9 +37 on 235/40/17 tires on coilovers and i can barley slide a key between the strut and the tire. And i had to roll the fenders and tuck the liner not to rub.
So do you think id be okay if i had 225/45/17 on 12x9s?
i rolled the fenders and tucked the liner already...im on tein flex coils

1 - 16 of 16 Posts