8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would look better on a civic? Im thinking 17(?) since its between the stock 16s and in between 18s

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd stick with 17s on new Civics. Usually the reason race cars and manufacturers use larger diameters is to use lower profile tires which have stiffer sidewalls and help improve steering response. But FGs and the like are still light enough to get away with smaller wheels. You could even rock some wide, super light 16s with extreme performance or R-comp tires for track duty. But overall I think 17s with good stiff-sidewalled summer tires is the best mix between looks and performance on these cars.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats what i figured. 17 would be a better compromise of both. Now its a matter of what brand to get that is decent but not so costly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Problem solved.

I think the "Brilliant Coating" one defies the sweet-on-the-cheap RPF1 ideals. Super light, relatively affordable, high Enkei quality, makes you wonder why people buy Volks. I have black ones. But you could have gold which, which are baller, because they're available in 17x8. The perfect FG size. At right around $250 per wheel and ~15.6 pounds, you can't beat them. I have no idea why everyone doesn't have them, but surprisingly they don't. Black and gold ones are even less common. Like I said, not a clue why.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It never fails to go to a place like Tire Rack to gauge prices and options. You could try a brand like Kosei or Rota. I don't really know how much Rotas cost or where to buy them. Sounds like you're not the type to hang with the wheelfags anyway, so you should be immune to their constant anti-Rota propaganda.

EDIT- You can get Rotas from JHP, among other places. And don't forget about Buddy Club, either. The SF series are always sweet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It never fails to go to a place like Tire Rack to gauge prices and options. You could try a brand like Kosei or Rota. I don't really know how much Rotas cost or where to buy them. Sounds like you're not the type to hang with the wheelfags anyway, so you should be immune to their constant anti-Rota propaganda.

EDIT- You can get Rotas from JHP, among other places. And don't forget about Buddy Club, either. The SF series are always sweet.
thanks for the info man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts