8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am so undecided about this. I had on a BMW once bent rims from a nasty pot hole. 2 rims at once. tire were very low profile.

I want new ones for my 08 sedean. got the HFP gound package on it. Also winter driving?

I am leaning at 17"..

anyone

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
smaller wheel size are always more friendly for daily driving. The tires will have more meat and absorb the bumps that you hit on the road better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the 18" HFP for summertime, and the 17" stock wheels for winter. Overall, I would say the difference is very minimal as far as ride quality/comfort between the 2. Only thing I notice is on the 18" I have the Pirelli tires, and they are rough until you get them warmed up, and then very smooth and sticky.

Other thing to keep in mind is price of tires. 18" tires are more expensive overall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.