8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will any 16" alloy wheel fit the si? i need to put winter tires on and i'm seeing that i can get a cheap pair of alloy wheels for the same price tire rack wants for steelies. i might as well get the alloys and save on shipping. want to save a little money and go with 16's though, will they fit the si? what exactly do i need to look for when picking the rim?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I don't get why people buy a crappier set of rims than the stock flowers for winter beaters. They're pretty ugly as it is, why waste money buying an even uglier pair?

Just use your stock rims as the winter beaters and nice, cheap rims for spring/summer.

How much are you spending on those 16s?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
SIchodelic said:
I don't get why people buy a crappier set of rims than the stock flowers for winter beaters. They're pretty ugly as it is, why waste money buying an even uglier pair?

Just use your stock rims as the winter beaters and nice, cheap rims for spring/summer.

How much are you spending on those 16s?
This is exactly what im doin. Stock Si rims in the winter, !8" racing harts in the summer.:vtec:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm just using my stock SI rims for my winter tires. i keep my car clean enough that i have never had any damage done to my rims by salt. going in on friday to get my winter tires put on!

what kind of winter tires are you guys going with anyways?? I'm going with the DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT M3

·
Registered
663 Posts
Cora said:
I'm just using my stock SI rims for my winter tires. i keep my car clean enough that i have never had any damage done to my rims by salt. going in on friday to get my winter tires put on!

what kind of winter tires are you guys going with anyways?? I'm going with the DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT M3
I got the 18 in HFP rims when I bought my Si and got credit for the stock rims. But living in Ohio, I needed winter wheels/tires. Bought a set of modestly priced 8 spoke 16s and mounted the Dunlop Winter Sport M3s you mention. All from tirerack.com. Love them. Great tire. The 16s don't look as nice but I have more sidewall height (more profile) and a bit softer ride in the snow and slush. Yet the still handle very well in the dry on nicer winter days! The Dunlops mounted on my HFP rims turn to crap when the weather gets colder so I foresee a tire swap in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah being the stock 17s are ugly as sin, those will be regulated for winter use and i'll be getting 18x7.5 Enkei NT03+Ms wrapped in something stickier than the shitty stock Michelins

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much does it cost to have the summer tires taken off and then winter tires up on the same set of wheels? seems like it would get costly and it's better to just have a winter set you can swap on and off yoursef

1 - 11 of 11 Posts