8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a hell of a deal to me and i'll be checking it out this weekend, but with this price i'm asking you guys if theres certain things i should be looking at or asking. I know almost nothing about hondas as i was never planning on getting one until circumstances changed a week ago.

So please enlighten me :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Get a carfax report to make sure it wasn't in an accident, etc. Just do the normal used car checks. Make sure the clutch/transmission feels/shifts ok. Check all the fluids. Check for signs of body repair/repaint.

$16,000 might seem really cheap at first, but you have to consider that although the car only has 7,500 miles the '08s are out so the car is two years old as far as resale value is concerned.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
You could also ask if the person who traded it in provided a maintanence/repair history. Any time I traded in a car they asked me if I had those records, so maybe the person provided them. Not that there should be much after only 7,500 miles, but that's what you want to find out.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Sounds like a hell of a deal to me and i'll be checking it out this weekend, but with this price i'm asking you guys if theres certain things i should be looking at or asking. I know almost nothing about hondas as i was never planning on getting one until circumstances changed a week ago.

So please enlighten me :biggrin:
look on the body panels for the vin #(stickers) to make sure they all match. If not, it could have been in a wreck and had parts replaced. Check to see if it has a clean or salvage title.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found out that it was in an accident. Guess it went into a pole in a shopping center at about 15mph. Had bumper, fender, headlight and hood replaced. The frame work is at exactly where it should be though which is where my concerns are. Receipts are there and pictures for everything that happened as well.

Kind of iffy but it seems it was just body damage. The person selling it has good reviews though from other buyers. Hmm

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Cars are not the same after such accidents. If it wasn't salvaged, why wasn't it repaired for the original owner? How is it that it is now in the hands of some online seller?

Seems to me that if the car was not considered a total loss, it would have been repaired and the original owner would still be driving it. Anyone want to explain why relatively mildly damaged Civics end up on ebay as salvage vehicles? Is it really that easy to total one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts