8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Anyone running the 16 inch lx steelies on their SI? I have seen a few threads on this with opinions whether they would fit or not but I want to know if anyone has done it. I phoned my local dealer and the guy I spoke with was useless and didn't know. If you are running them and have pics for everyone that be even better!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Not that I know of, unless you got a big brake kit or maybe the HFP brakes. I have a set of 16" steelies from a base civic, no spacers...they just clear the stock brake calipers by a few mm, but they work perfectly. Mount up a set of 205-55-16 snow tires and you can go anywhere. I ran this setup all last winter.

·
Banned
796 Posts
I apologize in advance for this VERY OFF-TOPIC post, but since there are a lot of people replying to this thread, I thought I'd throw the question out to everyone. If the LX steelies work fine without spacers on the Si, would 16" EX wheels also fit with no problems? That's, EX wheels on a Si. Would I run into any problems with this setup? Thanks for the reply. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would imagine they'd fit fine as well.

The steelies have such a close clearance to the brake caliper due to the shape of the wheel...steelies kinda curve out a little from the hub, then back in to the rim so there's just a little bulge where the caliper perfectly fits inside the wheel. Regular EX wheels are just like a typical rim right? So clearance issues should not even be close, but I don't have EX wheels so I can't be 100%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.