8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 si in anycase to make a long story short there is this one song that i listen to that does it the worst in my car ,when the bass hits a certain way it makes a big almost a thump (like if there was glass on a table and u slammed ur fist on the table) but in anycase i finally got around to figuring out that it is the roof liner in the back of the car where it meets the back window glass (if i push/hold that part of the ceiling in place the thump is gone)
has anyone else had this problem? any way to fix it or let the dealer fix it (its really annoying when u are enjoying a song with bass

·
Registered
208 Posts
Really? Is this with the stock stereo system? I have all aftermarket with a 10" in the trunk and I don't hear a 'thump' in my 07......at least not yet. Here's crossing my fingers that I don't.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
take it to the dealer and tell them the headliner isnt secure near the back window. You have a warrenty, use it. There have been a few other people with the same type of problem

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have had that rattle forever and finally figured it out the other day. I was out drinking with two good friends. One wasn't drinking so he said he will drive if I got too drunk. Once i heard that, I started hittin the Long Island Iced Teas.

Anyways, I chose to sit in the back seat as I have only sat in the back of my Si once without it being parked and a girl back there with me.

So I am drunk as **** trying to figure out where the rattle is coming from and yep, its the roof liner. At first I thought it was the dome light cuz I held that and the rattle went away but I went further back and there is a little space between the liner and the windshield at the very back.

I am gonna take it in one day when I dont have work all early.

If anyone gets their stealership to fix this, please share your experience with the rest of us. It sounded so good when I was holding the liner up and the rattle was gone.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
I have the exact same issue with certain songs as well.
What song is it for you?
One of the worst for me is Rihanna - Break It Off.

·
Registered
188 Posts
haha lol, I had that problem with stock sub, and a bunch of napkins or a small plastic bag between the roof and the window will do the trick... now I replaced stock sub the hole thing rattles, it seems the plastic clips don't hold the back panel very well, I guess dynamat is a good solution.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevarez_ga said:
haha lol, I had that problem with stock sub, and a bunch of napkins or a small plastic bag between the roof and the window will do the trick... now I replaced stock sub the hole thing rattles, it seems the plastic clips don't hold the back panel very well, I guess dynamat is a good solution.
ya know really thats what i was thinking about doing was just stuffing some napkins or something in there (Evnen though thats ghetto) but im all was iffy about having someone else do anything with my car because thats when u find new scratches and all that fun stuff that was never there no one gives the same respect u have for your car to it.
And to answer the other question asked earlier yes it is the stock sound system everything is stock
and the other question of what song makes it do it the most it is Linkin parks Shadow of the day ( the beginning part Does it real bad makes the sub sound blown)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah I have it too. My car goes in the 12th of Sept for "The Thump" too. I'm also getting "The Low Speed Thud" from the front end of my 07 FA5. Could be motor mounts or front struts who knows at this point.

Honda should of done more "REALTIME" R&D on these cars before they let them leave the Factory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts