8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It weighs 18 lbs without the hubcap on, so... its not as bad as thought.
for a 15 inch rims, its pretty heavy, but overall its still lighter then the mugen 18inch gp wheel, the SI wheel , and the same as the EX wheel. its also shorter so it ll help out with your final drive gearing/acceleration.
Just thought to share the info!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
um... tires weigh more than the rims usually... and with a 15 inch tire, it's gonna be heavier... 15 inch steelies w tires vs mugen gp w/ tires on? i think not... no brainer here... 15 inch steelies for performance FTL.... for the winter FTW!!! but even then... it wont fit on the civic si...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think the mugen weights 20lbs, there was a utube of some ya-hoos weighing in all these different honda wheels on a precise looking scale.
Anyhow, my dunlop SP5000 that came on those steelies weight 18lbs each, so the combo was 36lbs without the hubcap or lugnuts.
I heard the SI combo was 43lbs, EX was 40lbs, and hybrid 33LBS, so really, 08 honda oem steelies arent that heavy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.