8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my first driving experiance at a track was annoying. We were debating going to test and tune tonight from 6-10 because of the massive cloud cover. Welll we did and 2 races before my race it started drizzling, FML. So I set up and spin a lot!
My 60' was 2.7.....after my race they closed down so I'm going saturday!
My mods are Vibrant headers with high flow car vibrant catback nst pullies injen cai injected mounts helix tbs p2r img flashpro and e-tune. I was running azenis @ 32psi 215/45/16
Any ideas for saturday?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If it's the Azenis RT 615s they suck horribly for drag. They have really stiff sidewalls and the thing your relying on is the softer compound which was probably hard when it was cold out. They'll just spin all day if it's not warmish and they're PSI isn't below 30... hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they are...ugh oh well I have to deal with them for now....if it didn't rain my tire pressure was dropped to 26psi

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
That trap is good for low 14's. Question, are you tuned on Flashpro? You should lightly throttle it and get traction and where are you launching?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way I felt a good amount of wheel hop but only from the passenger tire.....and it also pulls to that side cause the alignment might be slightly off....If I re alighn would it fix the wheel hop?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
By the way I felt a good amount of wheel hop but only from the passenger tire.....and it also pulls to that side cause the alignment might be slightly off....If I re alighn would it fix the wheel hop?
Not really. Those Azenis will make you hop no matter what in the cold, and sometimes in the heat even. the sidewalls will make you bounce unless you get some nice motor mounts or inject your stock ones.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm injected, and on saturday its gonna be about 70-80 degrees som I'm dropping the psi to about 24psi....I need to catch traction! Everyone with low 14's put your launching stragedy down.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts