8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the drag strip on Saturday for test and tune and could not break into the 13's. 14.1 @ 102 was my best run of the day(although I did it 3 or 4 times) Launching a SC'd Si is a PITA. My 60ft times suck, pretty much 2.3 the whole day. I didn't try the e-brake/pre-launch trick this time around but I'm thinking I can cut 1/2 a second off my time with a good launch.
I have I/H/E SC stg 2(3.3 pulley) all CT-E. I have motor mounts which helped with the wheel-hop but any time I tried to rev and launch it would just spin the tires...
This is only my second time to a drag strip so don't rip on me too much! :)
* many people at the track say it runs a 1/2 second slower then other tracks so I don't feel that bad.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
What wheels and tires are you running? 14.1 still isnt that bad man, its a Civic Si !! How many cars run 14.1 and get our gas mileage?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What wheels and tires are you running? 14.1 still isnt that bad man, its a Civic Si !! How many cars run 14.1 and get our gas mileage?
I still have the stock wheels on Kuhmo summer tires. I'm going to get some RPF1's in the next couple of months, 17x8 so I should have some better traction with the wider wheels and tires. To be honest I know a lot of people on here say they still get good gas mileage with the blower but I would guess I'm getting about 18MPG on mostly city driving.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
wow..

alot of cars..

the newish toyota camry v6, the ford taurus SHO... a slew of other cars that get high 20s low 30s mpg run in the 14s aswell.

i wasnt aware that a supercharged k20z3 was only capable of pulling 14's..

i ran 13.0s on a 50 shot with crappy tires all day.

do u have much seat time at the drag strip..

with 260-280whp u should be capable of running 13.4-13.3 in that area..

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
wow..

alot of cars..

the newish toyota camry v6, the ford taurus SHO... a slew of other cars that get high 20s low 30s mpg run in the 14s aswell.

:facepalm:

Read the OP. He says it was his 2nd time at the track. And his track runs slow, in general.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no doubt that my car is capable of a mid 13 if driven better. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at shifting but my launch needs a lot of work. I'm going to try using the e-brake and preload next time I go.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I have no doubt that my car is capable of a mid 13 if driven better. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at shifting but my launch needs a lot of work. I'm going to try using the e-brake and preload next time I go.
we have a group going this sunday to mir,you should come with us......

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to Ocean City for a car show/mini vacation with my friend so I can't. Maybe another time though, thanks. I'm sure you could school me on the launch...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
wow..

alot of cars..

I don't see a 50 shot running 13.0 on crappy tires. I ran 13.5 on a 75 shot with Z1 star Spec 225/45 tires. 50 shots will only net you to 240-250WHP MAX...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Just keep practicing, you'll eventually managae that 13. Lay low on the throttle at start up cause the tires will want to spin.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
I don't see a 50 shot running 13.0 on crappy tires. I ran 13.5 on a 75 shot with Z1 star Spec 225/45 tires. 50 shots will only net you to 240-250WHP MAX...
It might have been 65 or 75.. Ive been threw so many diffent shots man lol ive tried everything, im pretty sure ot was 50 but it might have been higer i just remember a weekend where i had smaller jets than usual in and didnt bring radials and ran 13.1 and 13.0 with decent 60s

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I was going to mention that..

Cause a few other supercharged Si's that ran at the track with me still managed to trap 106-107 @ about mid 13's, which was on street tires.
It seems low to me too. I noticed OP is running the 3.3" pulley, but I would still think OP should be trapping higher. My trap speeds are right at 106-107 with the 3.15" pulley.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It seems low to me too. I noticed OP is running the 3.3" pulley, but I would still think OP should be trapping higher. My trap speeds are right at 106-107 with the 3.15" pulley.
My installer actually ordered my stage 2 kit for me. I forgot to tell him that I wanted the 3.15" pulley. I'm thinking it would only give me about another 10HP anyhow. I'll probably end up swapping it in the near future but honestly I think the biggest problem is my launch. My buddy is editing the video's my GF took so by next week I will post them up. You can see how slow I come off the line. I basically could not rev it at all without spinning the tires.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts