8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the track friday night. pretty disappointed with my time but at least i was able to get over 100 mph finally. i ran a 14.2 @ 99 with dcrh and throttle body spacer. this time i added an injen cai, apexi ws2 and an ingalls etd. i was running on the stock michellins. traction was obviously an issue. there was another si there with pretty much the same setup + slicks and i was able to beat him every run. the race in the video is against an rsx-s. his car totally drones mine out in terms of sound. you cant even hear mine.

YouTube - 07 Civic Si 14.15 @ 100.02
here is another vid from that night showing just how little traction there was. but at least i can give my buddy a hard time about losing to a civic. he has a 430 whp 05 gto.

YouTube - civic si fa5 vs. gto

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Not bad, but your MPH is not yet 13's IMHO. I ran my best times on the stock tires. Bump up the rear PSI to 50 and get rid of the WS2 for the track. I bet its restricting you...

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
believe me i thought i was going to run a much better time. and yes that track is very dark. its in the middle of nowhere. i dont believe they prepped it that night. my friend who has a 430hp gto could only run a 13.6 @ 107. it was miserable. i will have to get to a better track one of these days.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.