8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm curious, has anyone ever made it into the 12's with the OEM all season tires? If not, I did tonight, twice.

Did a 12.962 @ 114 and a 12.977 @ 112.

And I'm still on the stock clutch. I don't understand how all these people can't get good times without destroying their clutches. It's just bizarre. I'm no track veteran (been 4 times now), but I don't get how you melt clutches.

Anyways, here's my slips. Flame away.

(most of you know I'm boosted, so I'm not going to list off everything about my setup)

Videos

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greddy turbo kit
Garrett GT3071R turbo - 56.5 wheel (the crappy one :p)
Custom 3" intake
Custom 3" down pipe
FullRace 3" catback
ID 1000cc injectors
Walbro pump
Crushed FPR
Hondata boost solenoid
Hondata FlashPro

Street tuned by me. No dyno time with the turbo kit, ever.

Stock clutch, tires, suspension, brakes, etc, etc.... 18k miles on the car.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
i knew you'd hit 12's.

I will tell you this though. To the guy saying you need to try to get a 2.0 60 ft.

He's on the stock clutch, that is exactly how he would end up smoking it down. Too high of a launch for the stock clutch with 400 whp.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
i knew you'd hit 12's.

I will tell you this though. To the guy saying you need to try to get a 2.0 60 ft.

He's on the stock clutch, that is exactly how he would end up smoking it down. Too high of a launch for the stock clutch with 400 whp.
That would be me :wavey:, all I was saying that if he got his 60 ft time under 2 seconds then his et would be even better. That's all, you're looking too far into my previous post.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts