8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost... no street names, exit names or meetup spots should be said....

Tonight I saw SI VTEC(GG FG2), a NHB FA5, RR FG2(or was it FA5?), a FB FA5 and I think To177Si(supercharged GG FA5.. or is it silver? =X) was there too.

Overall I've seen the above along with another GG FG2 and a NHB FG2 with an ex trunk and a GG sedan and Scott(FB FG2). How come none of you guys run? Just wondering cause I know many of you guys aren't stock.. AHEM TOM... AHEM SI VTEC AHEM. I'm not trying to put any pressure I'm just curious since I see you guys almost every time I'm out there. The only one I've seen run is the NHB FG2 with ex trunk and Scott. I'm curious to see what you guys' cars can do! And you guys can't say anything about getting a ticket blah blah because once you're out with the pack you're already at that risk. If you've noticed, even when you're racing at XXXmph and cops come they don't go for you... they'll wait for someone to idiotically panic and drive away wrecklessly. So come on, I know you guys are fast!:dancing: Sorry, but its just weird how we talk in here and then when we see each other at the track or meetup spot we just give that -_- look. Except for SI VTEC, he came up to me and introduced himself... props to him for that hahaha. Just trying to break tension if there is any...

A somewhat disclaimer: What you guys do out on the street is at your own discretion. Everyone's opinion about street racing will either be with Pro or Anti. Please keep comments to yourselves about what you think about street racing to avoid any drama in this forum. Everyone on here is and so far has been friendly and not a smart ass or sh*t talker. So let's try and keep it that way in here also.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I just think its funny how everyone that talked smack is on the east caost! If this was is SoCal the attitude would be different. Not that I condone Street Racing but still. Everyone speeds, and gets on it from time to time so even arguing the point is hipocritical.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
^^not true. I totally disagree. I think the concept of VTEC is HORRIBLE!!! I don't even know why a company as reputable as Honda ever even patented this concept and type of engineering. Everyone driving a Honda developed vehicle w/ the VTEC system should be banned from the streets. All "YOU PEOPLE" ever do is street race.

Oh wait, forgot, I've got an Si, but I've never in 21K miles have used the tach past 6K. The car wasn't built to rev to 8200rpms. It's only on the dash for show :thumb:

this thread is pointless.... everyone speeds whether it be a family emergency, late to work, tired from a long day and wanna get home asap, or just to hear the 2nd set of cam's engage. The key is to do it RESPONSIBLY.

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
Street racing threads are not permitted on 8thcivic. Even if you dont mention the speeds you're going, or where you are, its still street racing.

If its not at a sanctioned Drag track and you provide slips, Autox, or track day, you cant post it on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.