8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow 8th members!

After a trying search, my wife and I just purchased a beautifully well cared for 2011 FA5 in CBP from a local gentleman in Calgary.

We carefully inspected the car paint as we are familiar with the possible paint failure issues on the late model cars. We previously had a 2006 FG2 TW that was absolutely fantastic and did not have a single paint failure over the 8 years we had it. The car sat outside it's whole life but we took care to wash and wax regularly. The light paint color might also help some.

Fast forward a few months and we're doing our regular wash and wax on the new car and my jaw dropped. There's now crows feet on the roof between the windshield and the sunroof! These weren't here months ago when we purchased and last waxed!!!

From what i've gathered from Honda Canada, they are only extending the paint coverage on Canadian vehicles to the hood and fenders contrary to the US where it seems the coverage is also for trunk and roof per the TSB(depending on colors).

We've been to Honda West in Calgary, who were incredibly rude and confrontational. I have always bought my parts there and been happy but can't honestly recommend the service dept. Honda Canada has reviewed our case and has declined that they will cover only the hood and fenders per above.

I know from reading the large paint failure thread on the main forum that there are other Canadians out there who have had their roof or trunk repainted, how did you manage? Local success stories would be particularly helpful!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I live in Sherbrooke, Quebec and I went to my local dealer about it. Roof fade and rust on the trunk coming from under the paint (apparently typical from our gen from what a bodyshop owner I know told me).

The dealership took pictures and sent em to Honda Canada. 3 days later a call to let me know they would do the job under warranty. Done a month later at a local bodyshop affiliated with honda.

But a lot of people on a local forum here are complaining they have been turned down. It's likea 50/50 yes no for some reason. If anything try in another dealership.. Even it's supposed to be Honda Canada's decision maybe if the dealership has a better relation with the headquarters..?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the input, I am dealing directly with Honda Canada at this point.

I've written an escalation letter to them and am awaiting a response.

The dealership was more than happy to submit the claim but were very clear that they have no hand in the decision itself.

The paint issue is such a heartbreaker on an otherwise near perfect car. The updated trans synchros in the '11 are such an improvement on our previous '06 FG2 it's amazing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts