8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install a 10th gen civic touchscreen stereo into an 8th gen civic? What kind of project am I lookin at?

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
I would say stay away from that, especially if it's an OEM radio. It will NOT be plug and play.

HOWEVER

There are headunits that are Android powered that fit what you are looking for and more. I saw a tablet-like screen unit available for our Civics at the following link.

link:
https://www.seicane.com/android-car-dvd-gps/android-honda-car-dvd-gps/filter/car_fit_years/2008

This is the route I'm going. If you don't trust them, I won't blame you, but the quality has gone up dramatically since their introduction into the market few/several years ago.

They are basically tethered to your cell phone (BT and/or wired depending on the model you get) for phone, music, internet, you can attach cameras, have a connection to your car's OBDII port for (telematics) engine information................ I even saw an accessory for HD tv........ I honestly think this is the future of aftermarket radios. Few people care about high quality audio. I don't, as long as it "sounds good" I could care less about high fidelity. Having that said, I think there's software (app) you can download or attach to the unit to get high fidelity sound. Best of all, they won't break the bank.

Good luck!

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts