8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am ready to make the plunge, I have a stock Greddy kit now, with stock tune from Greddy (which sucks by the way). I am going to take my car to AJP and have them install a 3 inch test pipe, boost controller (turned to 10), 440cc injectors and then have them dyno tune my car for 10PSI.

Here are my questions: Do I really need the rest of the 3 inch exhaust or will just the test pipe alone work for this mod. I really dont want to replace the rest of the exhaust. Is there anything else I might need for this? I will not be a BOV due to all the issues folks have with them that are running this kit.

My car is an 07 with everything stock except the Base Greddy kit.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Let me know how the 440cc injectors go? Very curious.. since Greddy claims no larger than 370cc for optimal tuning.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
if your doing the 3" DP you should do the exhaust as well.. your going to gain a good bit of power you would lose with the stock exhaust..

·
Registered
523 Posts
you dont need the 440s... i have the 370s and run 10.5psi allll day and still have enough fuel...

oh and btw.. have fun with the MAF sensor..

and you should get an exhaust too.. there is really no point in getting your car tuned to that amount of boost without a better way to get all that air out of the motor..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Talk to me about the MAF sensor 06civSi, Let me find out that at only 10.5 psi, you maxed it out. Remembering my wrx, I maxed it at 324hp and had to get a perrin 3" Maf housing so that more air could be flowed.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
you dont need the 440s... i have the 370s and run 10.5psi allll day and still have enough fuel...

and you should get an exhaust too.. there is really no point in getting your car tuned to that amount of boost without a better way to get all that air out of the motor..
how are you making anything over 300whp with 370cc injectors????????? 550's only take you to 330 so you cant be making any good power with 10.5psi on your kit then.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I wouldn't suggest RC 550's due to their "funny" spray pattern as it is more stream like and can cause issues with F/I they were originally made for a DSM...

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
:biggrin: Not me thank goodness....BUt I read ALOT, and for the first time in my life I retain this information...I wish I could have in school, but I guess this is better. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts

How much hp u pushing to the wheelZz with that set-UP

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The 3" test pipe won't mate to the stock exhaust mid section unless they do a stepdown to make it work. That will be a huge bottleneck there though if you leave it. If you are strapped for cash, just do a 2.5" dp and step down to the stock exhaust midsection which is 2". Later on ditch the stock unit for a nice 2.5" cat back system then you'll have 2.5 all the way back.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
get a test pipe and weld an electrical cutout to it, and keep your stock exhaust. flick the switch on when you want power and off when you want daily drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For as much power as you would want to make on a stock block, I would personally go with a 2.5" all the way back with a hi-flow cat. Also weld/have someone weld an extra o2 bung and invest in a wideband if you haven't already (UEGO or LM1...). Like said earlier too if you're strapped for cash just get a 2.5" downpipe for now and add the rest later.

·
Registered
523 Posts
skunk2 70mm tested 10 more horses over the evo2 60mm...
the bigger the better. i wouldnt do 2.5 but thats just me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts