8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I post this and let you know how much I love my new silver Civic EX MT. I've put over a thousand miles on it in less than 2 weeks and it drives and handles so awesome!! I'm still tring hard to get that drive by wire throttle down to were it's not so jumpy when I shift. Its a little diffrent than my old '95 civic I use to own, it takes quite a bit of getting use to. I absolutly love the dash and gauges, especially at night. I'm gonna be adding a TomTom Go 700 navigation unit hopefully in a couple of days and I will post pictures of how I mount it. There is tons of space on the front windshield and dash for it, so I think I will be fairly happy with it. I also like the outside temp gauge and the way you can select your mileage to read out, and the oil life gauges.
One thing I haven't figured out yet is it says my oil life is still at 90% after 1071 miles? I guess I will probabbly change out the oil before the car even tells me too, since I think it should be changed every 3-4K. I don't know how soon the first oil chage should be done. One thing is for sure if you do go out and buy the new 8th generation Civic you will not be disappointed.

· Registered
166 Posts
You are so right 2,500+ on my EX just love driving this thing! :driving:
Do not worry about the oil life meter, you have to remember that the 8th gen dose not have a set maintainance schedule! The computer monitors how you drive and tells you when service is required(read owners manual) even reminds you when to rotate tires....don't you just love it! :love:

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a Tomtom Go 700, plugged it in right out of the box, comes ready to go and rode around with it my car today. I mounted it just to the left of the speedo and fits perfectly. It Could be placed just about anywere on the windshield and be out of the way though!. Plus it is very portable also. It is pretty accurate too, 90% of neigborhood steets are on the map only fairly new subdivisions are not currenty mapable around here, Also when my phone rings the TT Go 700 acts as a wireless handsfree speaker phone by bluetooth conection, so that makes it especially cool! It could be a tiny bit larger, but other than that I like it very much.

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3000 Miles and Still loving it

Just flipped 3000 miles today,and the new civic is holding up just fine, I'm even getting the DBW throttle down to were I get nice smooth shifts. It's a very fun car to drive. I love having the moonroof and power windows, I have never had those luxury features in a car before. I had to fix a couple small things such as the little plastic peice on the inside door handle came loose, but snapped right back in place. Also had to push liner on front wheel well into place. Really no big deal, just very minor blemishes. I don't like how hard it is to get driver floor mat out, I'm gonna break those little plastic clips one of these days!
My service oil life light says I'm at 60% oil life after 3000 miles so I guess that means I'm not driving it to hard and I will get my first oil chage at around 5500-6000 miles. Also I will have the tires rotated,gas pedal checked ,and air bag light checked also I forgot to mention it's a red air bag light that comes off and on. I don't think it has anything to do with the passenger side airbag.
More pics to come with foglights and a moonroof visor installed. Ordered from www.collegehillshonda.com Talk to Paul about parts

· Registered
36 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
Just flipped 3000 miles today,and the new civic is holding up just fine, I'm even getting the DBW throttle down to were I get nice smooth shifts. It's a very fun car to drive. I love having the moonroof and power windows, I have never had those luxury features in a car before. I had to fix a couple small things such as the little plastic peice on the inside door handle came loose, but snapped right back in place. Also had to push liner on front wheel well into place. Really no big deal, just very minor blemishes. I don't like how hard it is to get driver floor mat out, I'm gonna break those little plastic clips one of these days!
My service oil life light says I'm at 60% oil life after 3000 miles so I guess that means I'm not driving it to hard and I will get my first oil chage at around 5500-6000 miles. Also I will have the tires rotated,gas pedal checked ,and air bag light checked also I forgot to mention it's a red air bag light that comes off and on. I don't think it has anything to do with the passenger side airbag.
More pics to come with foglights and a moonroof visor installed. Ordered from www.collegehillshonda.com Talk to Paul about parts
yea its really a nice car to drive with... i'm at 1k KM so its not as much as u in terms of mileage... i did have a few problems with the door cuz it bulges out and i brought it in to fix it and they said they put it in as far as it can go..... another problem i had right when i picked up the car was the trunk release from inside the car was broken... funny thing is at the morning when i took the car out to test everything it worked fine and at night when i went in to pick it up it was broken...they are ordering the parts to fix it for me so that will be good... and as far as the mats go... i find it easier if u lift the mats from the pedal side up first.. and basically remove it vertically.. same way to put it back in.. so thats how i do it.. might help out a bit if u don't already know.... and for airbag.. if its the light that goes on and off above ur 'triangle light' the one u push to light both side's signal on.. then its just the passenger isn't sitting on the car hard enough.. i actually tested out on how they turned off the airbags if they sense a children on the front seat... which is pretty nice... if its just at ignition that ur airbag lights come on.. its actually on the manual that says it will come on for a short period of time and goes back off just to check everything and see if its alright.. but if it does flash while ur driving.. then u better bring it in to check it out... at 1k KM and its at 90% oil life.... and i'm having the same trouble u had earlier.. which DBW throttle.... but getting better at it.. can't wait to finish break-in period so i can actually step on the car to see how it performs at higher rpms.. right now i just keep ma car under 3.5k rpm... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.