8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this still available? It was for cars that meet or exceed a certain MPG rating.
And it was 1000$ back from the government

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Wait a second... Can I get $1,000 back for buying a 2008 EX Coupe in January of 08?! [I'm assuming its just hybrid but I'm just curious]

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I know it's still in the works, but I meant it in the way of is it just for hybrids or even the mileage an EX gives.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
is it still in effect or was 08 the last year? Two different replys here, whos lying?

It was for any car that beat a certain mpg that the government choose> im not sure what it was, but the hybrid will get it for sure, as well as the fit, but the civic doesnt meet the requirments. Honda was giving 1000 off to match the competitors so they wouldnt lose business to the corolla which did make the cut.

But even if you cant get that rebate, at this time in history, you will probably be able to haggle more then 1000$ off the asking price.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GUYS, i bought the car in 2007, but i dont think your listning to me.

In 07 only small cars like the hybrids, fit, yaris and corolla got it. But honda was giving it also to anyone who bought a civic 5 speed only. just to match the corolla because they were losing business. The ads were everywhere back then. It was called the government green rebate. But i dont see it anymore. is it still available?

Im guessing none of you got this, or else you would know about it

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
here you go
Summary of the Credit for Qualified Hybrid Vehicles

There is a 60,000 vehicle limit per manufacturer before a phase-out period begins. Toyota and Honda have already been phased out. Credit is still available for Ford, GM and Nissan.

For more information visit: Fueleconomy.gov

Use IRS Form 8910 for hybrid vehicles purchased for personal use.
Use IRS Form 3800 for hybrid vehicles purchased for business purposes.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
here you go
Summary of the Credit for Qualified Hybrid Vehicles

There is a 60,000 vehicle limit per manufacturer before a phase-out period begins. Toyota and Honda have already been phased out. Credit is still available for Ford, GM and Nissan.

For more information visit: Fueleconomy.gov

Use IRS Form 8910 for hybrid vehicles purchased for personal use.
Use IRS Form 3800 for hybrid vehicles purchased for business purposes.
It's no surprise that the top Japanese auto makers are phased out but Ford and GM are still available.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Back in 06 - Yep. The car wasn't under my name so the tax credit of $1200ish went to my father.

Add to that the state had a no sales tax incentive on hybrid cars and the purchase was a real win/win.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts