8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

100 watt low beam (9006) bulb too much?

15K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  DanK5 
#1 · (Edited)
So i was wondering if anyone has heard of blowning a fuse from running bulbs with higher wattages? I do intend to use an uprated wire harness but doesn't the fuse blow first before the wire harness gets fried? Are the fuses pretty easy to buy and replace? Im quite a noob with regards to electrical stuff.

I know a lot of people run the 80w bulbs (on low beams 9006) with no issues on stock harnesses but i was thinking of 100w but wasn't sure if that would be a little too much for the fuse.

#4 · (Edited)
I would do HIDs but only if i get them retro-fitted. And getting them done by customlightz really isn't cheap!
So for now i was just thinking of tiding myself through with brighter bulbs. I got stock wattage aftermarket Piaas and they are really disappointing. So the reason for going 100w would really be for better light output.

Any ideas on the fuse issue? And i suppose u can pick fuses up from autozone/pepboys should you blow one?

#7 ·
I've been there before.

I actually bought nokya 100w bulbs and they really looked BRIGHT.

but then I soon noticed the output of what they produce while driving didnt

look too good. I noticed I lost output which was true after reading and researching

about them.

and why dont you get HIDs?

and to answer your fuse question. if a fuse blows, then you have an extra set of fuses under your hood in the fuse box.

#16 ·
50W vs 100W Headlights

I too was considering 100W low beam replacements for more intense illumination. My 2006 Civic owners manual shows 51W for low beams, and 60W for high beams. But for reasons that some contributors have recommended against 100W replacements, I think I'm gonna stick with a 50W replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.