8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes guys am at 9,979 miles and just got my 4th or 5th oil change can't remember, but this time i ask the lady in the dealership if they had mobil 1 syntethic oil, and she said yes, so i went with that.

I just hope they use the right kind of oil(5w20) since my car kind of look like an Si, and if they use the oil for the Si i will be piss, i know the engines are totaly different, but you all know how retarded the dealership techs are(well most).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.:wavey:

Ups, can someone change the title to 10k please.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
why have you changed the oil so many times? even if you were changing it every 3k miles you should only be on like your 3rd

merry christmas back to ya

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was the 4th i think.

First one at 2k, second at 5k, 3rd at 8k and now this one at 10k.

the 3rd one at 8k i drove the car hard at the dragon meet, and i was using regular oil, plus it has been 4 months since that oil change, thats why i did this one and now am moving to synthetic to make my car engine happy and protected better!

Yea it sounds like it has been change many times, but if you think about it, 4 oil changes in almost 2 years is about right to me.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
gotcha...are you in the armed forces and have been deployed away from your car? or do you have a company vehicle that you put the majority of miles on?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gotcha...are you in the armed forces and have been deployed away from your car? or do you have a company vehicle that you put the majority of miles on?

None of the those.

Where i work is only 8 miles away, and most of the time i use my dads car to go to work, and if i go out somewhere am in my brother or friends, and they rather drive than me, because of how anal i am about my car lol, i don't allow eating or smoking or anything on my car and tell them to watch their feet when opening the doors, because of how the panels inside get scratch so easy.

But i do drive it its just i don't drive it far on most of the cases.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Lucky you, I haven't even owned my Si for a year yet (its been 8 months) and I just passed 15k.

And Happy Holidays to you too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts