8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "friend" is selling his 10inch Alpine Tpye-S sub (in w basssomething box)

He is asking 120 bucks

too much??

Also i dont really want a box in my trunk... could you jsut take out the 10 inch sub and replace the factory one?

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Unplugged wrote this in another post:

No subwoofer other then the stock one will work on the stock system w/o an aftermarket amp. I believe the stock unit is 8ohms, whereas most subs are 2ohm and 4ohm.

You can a line convertor that converts the signal from the speaker wire into an RCA cable (crutchfield sells it) and you can then do an aftermarket sub.

The eclipse GT with the rockford fosgate system TRUELY BUMPS.. I wish honda did the same. But the eclipse also has a regular rockford fosgate subwoofer and a more powerful amp.

Also I beleive it is an 8in sub in rear and not 10in.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
first all - 120 is way too much, I got my alpine type-r for 89.00 shipped to my door step.

Even with the box, unless something of quality is too much. A cheap box can be had for 15.00 and the type-s sub for around 65-70 shipped.

Any subwoofer requires an amplifier and also a good headunit to process a quality signal to the amp. If you keep the stock headunit, the signal will never be as good and something like this is NOTICEABLE!

Also, i thought the factory subwoofer was 8 inches?

~racnjsn04~

Thanks for quoting me and giving me credit..otherwise i'd have to charge you royalty fees..lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts