8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Civic EX has USB in armrest and AUX in lower center console area. If I were to get an aftermarket headunit, is there anything I should look for to make sure USB and AUX continue to work in the current locations without having to route new cables? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's a link that should help explain how to retain use of your AUX jack.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-...our-factory-aux-jack-rcas-aftermarket-hu.html

As for the USB...I think you're going to be out of luck on that one. Maybe the Rosen unit that's made specifically for the Civic but I'm not really sure about. In all honesty though, I ran a new USB wire up to the center console and just removed the old one. The new one looks completely and totally stock all the way down to the little plastic piece where the wire enters the armrest that says "USB". I've been learning this stuff as I went and it should be pretty easy to figure out once you get the center console out (there's a DIY on here somewhere for that).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know with my aftermarket Kenwood Stereo I have a usb Port and I am just going to take an old USB cable and cut the old USB and just tie them in...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts